The Fitness Center for Suffolk University
- 5,800-Square-Foot Facility
- 13-Feet High Ceilings
- 26 Cardio Machines - treadmills, elliptical, trainers and spin bikes
- 1,200 Square Feet of Heavy Lifting Space - Free Weights and Benches
- 10 Units of Circuit Training Equipment
- Group-Fitness Room
- Fitness On Demand in Group Fitness Room, featuring 180-plus workouts from spin to yoga
- All-Purpose Center - Changing Rooms and Shower Areas
The Michael & Larry Smith Fitness Center is Suffolk's brand new, state-of-the-art, primer location the student-body, faculty and staff on the Rams' campus to meet their healthy lifestyle needs.
The fitness center is named for alumni Michael S. Smith'61 and Larry E. Smith'65 in recognition of their leadership philanthropy on behalf of the University.
It occupies the street-level space of the Ridgeway Building that was previous the Suffolk Bookstore.
|6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|*Times are subject to change|
The Fitness Center will be closed on all University acknowledge holidays.
- Labor Day Weekend
Closed until Opening of School
- First Week of Classes
Tuesday, Sept. 5 - Friday, Sept. 8 - 6 AM - 7 PM - No Weekend Hours
- Columbus Day Weekend
Friday, Oct. 6 - Closes at 2 PM
Reopens Tuesday, Oct. 10
- Veternas Day
Closed Friday, Nov. 10
Reopens Monday, Nov. 13
Tuesday, Nov. 21 - Closes at 2 PM
Reopens Monday, Nov. 27
- Fall Final Exams
Wednesday, Dec. 13 - Friday, Dec. 22 - 6 AM - 4 PM - No Weekend Hours
- Winter Break
Closed Saturday, Dec. 13 - Monday, Jan. 1
Tuesday, Jan. 2 - Friday, Jan. 12 - 6 AM - 4 PM - No Weekend Hours
** Regular Hours Resume Tuesday, Jan. 16
- President Day
- Spring Break
- Patriot's Day
- Spring Final Exams
- Summer Hours
Beginning Thursday, May 10 through August - 9 AM - 5 PM - No Weekend Hours
Closed for summer holiday observations
- Memberships are open to all current students - undergraduates, graduates and law - faculty and staff.
- Eligible members must bring their Rammy Card and swipe in to gain access to the facility.
- No guest or alumni access.
Policies & Procedures:
- Facility is open to current Suffolk University staff, faculty and students. No guest or alumni access.
- A valid Suffolk University ID must be presented and scanned at time of entry
- Street clothes and street shoes are not permitted in the fitness center. Please wear sneakers and athletic clothes.
- Cell phones are to be used for music only with earbuds or headphones. Please avoid phone calls and conversations.
- Profanity and foul language are prohibited in the fitness center.
- Personal items are to be placed in a cubby or locker while using the facility.
- Please return all weights and equipment to their designated rack immediately after use.
- All cardio and strength equipment must be wiped down after use. Disinfecting wipes will be provided.
- Only water bottles and containers with lids (shakers, Nalgene, etc.) are permitted in the facility. Food, cans and glass bottles and open containers of any kind are never permitted.
- Personal training is not permitted.
- Cardio machines are to be used on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please be respectful of other patrons, during peak hours, a 45-minute limit will be enforced by staff. If necessary, cardio reservations can be made at the front desk.
- Studio use is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations can only be made through the Director of Athletics.
Athletics Staff reserves the right to revoke your fitness center privileges at any time.
148 Cambridge St.
Boston, MA 02114
- Michael & Larry Smith Fitness Center is located on the first floor of the Ridgeway Building