CHARLESTOWN, Mass. – The Suffolk men's hockey team fell to Curry, 6-3, Saturday night in Commonwealth Coast Conference action at Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Rink.
SCORE: Suffolk 3, Curry 6
RECORDS: Suffolk (5-11-4, 3-9-2 CCC) | Curry (12-7-2, 9-3-2 CCC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Curry's sophomore Lionel Mauron netted a pair of power play goals to lead the Colonels to victory.
Curry took control of the contest with three goals in the opening 8:28 of the middle period, as junior Robert Cammalleri and sophomore Zachery White scored just 1:03 apart early in the frame before Mauro added his second man-advantage marker of the night for a 5-1 Colonel lead.
A late second stanza tally by junior Jack Jenkins that was followed by an early third period goal off the stick of sophomore Connor Parent enabled Suffolk to close back to within a pair at 5-3, but senior Sean Nelson's marker with 7:03 to play iced the visitors' triumph and accounted for the final margin.
- Heinze, Jenkins and Parent each scored the goals for the Rams.
- Luke Miller, Mikhail Bryan, Justin Holliday, Tommy Bishop, Connor Henry and Brian Brooks all recorded assists in the setback for Suffolk.
- The Colonels outshot the Rams, 33-24.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Kevin Venturoso suffered the defeat between the pipes for the Rams after making seven saves in the opening 22-plus minutes of play.
- Michael Levin recorded 20 stops over the final 37-plus minutes of action for the hosts.
- Brett Sinclair earned his 10th victory of the season in goal with a 21-save effort.
Suffolk will face some of its toughest competition yet as it heads to No. 11/12 Endicott Thursday, Feb. 7. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m.