HARRISVILLE, R.I.– The Suffolk men's hockey team fell in a four-goal deficit early and could not climb out as Nichols cruised past the Rams, 9-2, Wednesday night at Levy Rink.
SCORE: Suffolk 2, Nichols 9
RECORDS: Suffolk (7-12-4, 4-10-2 CCC) | Nichols (14-5-5, 12-2-4 CCC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Bison freshman J.B. Baker collected four points on the night scoring the game-winning goal and dishing out three assists for the hosts, who led 4-0 after one and pumped in five more goals in the second.
- Tucker and Parent were responsible for the Rams goals with Nick Mosher, Tommy Bishop and Justin Holliday each passing out assists.
- Nichols went 4-for-5 with the man advantage and held a 32-28 edge in shots.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Three different goaltenders saw action for the Rams. Michael Levine got the start, giving up three goals. In relief Kevin Venturoso allowed four pucks past his goal line with Will Ribas turning aside 16 Bison attempts with two goals allowed.
- Colin Brennan earned the win in between the pipes with a 23-save effort in 56 mintues of play. David Anderson saw 2:57 of relief and made one stop.
- Suffolk and Nicols met for the 47th time tonight.
Suffolk closes its home schedule Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7:30 p.m. when the Rams entertain Johnson & Wales for Senior Day.