STANDISH, Maine – The Suffolk softball team tied things up in the seventh, but St. Joseph's walked away with the win, 4-3, to split the GNAC doubleheader Saturday afternoon at Richard Bailey Field.
SCORE: Suffolk 3, St. Joseph's (Maine) 4
RECORDS: Suffolk (12-12, 4-4 GNAC) | St. Joseph's (Maine) (9-11, 5-3 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Zeros stood on the board after three before the Monks brought two in the fourth. The teams traded runs in the sixth with Lindsay Pagano brining in pinch runner Natalie McAllister in to put the Rams on the board.
Trailing 3-1, an error from the Monks let two Rams run score to level the game at 3-all. St. Joe's sandwiched singles around a foul out and brought the winning run in on its third single of the inning to take the 4-3 decision.
- Three different Rams collected two hits in Ashley Zulla (2-4), Delaney Sylvester (2-3) and Pagano (2-3).
- Devlin Frost and Pagano registered an RBI apiece with Jaclyn Flint, Zulla and McAllister recording one run apiece.
- Taylor Holmes suffered the setback in the circle. The junior allowed two runs on four hits with one strikeout.
- Flint worked 3.0 frames, allowing two runs on six hits.
- Kristal Smith earned the win for the Monks, letting up three runs (two earned) on eight hits with four strikeouts and three walks.
Suffolk takes Easter Sunday off before heading to Rivier on Marathon Monday for a 5 p.m. GNAC doubleheader.