FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – The Suffolk softball team saw its 11-game win streak come to an end as the Rams dropped their regular season finale to Framingham State 6-3 Thursday afternoon at Maple Valley Field.
SCORE: Suffolk 3, Framingham State 6
RECORDS: Suffolk (25-15) | Framingham State (17-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
A four-run third from Framingham, but Suffolk in a hole that it had to climb out of. Devlin Frost started the comeback with a solo shot in the fourth, but the teams traded a pair of runs in the fifth to keep the distance at 6-3.
Suffolk looked to make up ground in the final frames, but the FSU Rams retired the side in each inning to secure the 6-3 non-conference victory.
- Five different Rams were responsible for Suffolk's five hits.
- Frost led the offense with two RBI on one hit, a homer, and scored one run.
- Flint contributed one RBI off one hit and came home once.
- McKenzie McGrath rounded out the Rams' runners with a run scored.
- Taylor Holmes slipped to 11-7 on the season inside the circle. The junior allowed four runs on seven hits and one walkout with one strikeout in 2.1 innings.
- Flint came on in relief for Suffolk, dealing the final 3.2 frames and let up two runs on nine hits, three walks and sat down two hitters.
- Two hurlers threw for Framingham. Kayla Finacchiaro kept her record prestine, 3-0, with a three-run, five-hit, two-strikeout performance in 5.0 innings.
- Jessica Pietersen earned the save thanks to a no hit, scoreless relief work in the final 2.0 innings.
Suffolk, who is the third seed, heads to Standish, Maine, for the GNAC Tournament where it will take on #6 Norwich in the second round of the conference championship. Game time is set for 3 p.m. with the victor advancing to the 5:30 p.m. game versus second-seeded St. Joseph's (Maine).