BABSON PARK, Mass. – Suffolk baseball fell to No. 7 Babson, 13-4, Monday afternoon at Giovani Field.
SCORE: Suffolk 4 | No. 7 Babson 13
RECORDS: Suffolk (22-16-1) | No. 7 Babson (30-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Rams overcame a first-inning, two-run deficit with a four-run third frame to gain the lead. Suffolk's scoring came with two outs when Will Hopkins drew a walk with the bases juiced. A double from Tim Brigham cleared the bags to make it a 4-2 game in the visitors favor.
The Beavers leveled the playing field with two runs of their own in the home half of the inning before going ahead by one an inning later.
After a scoreless fifth, Babson took over with a monster five-inning sixth stanza to make it a lopsided 10-4 contest and three runs came for the hosts in the eighth for the final nine-run, 13-4 margin.
- It was a bull-pen day for the blue-and-gold, who used nine arms with none going more than 1.2 inning.
- George Breslin worked the most time on the bump, 1.2 frames. The freshman put together a scoreless outing with one hit and one walk allowed to go with one K.
- Casey Sullivan suffered the setback after giving up one run, the game-winner, on one hit with one punchout.
- Babson also used multiple hurlers on the hill with Nate Carpenter earning the decision behind a two-hit, two-strikeout, 4.0-inning outing.
- Brigham was responsible for three RBI, while Hopkins, who scored one run, also brought in one run.
- Ben Isaak, Blase Cormier and Shane Lake each scored once.
- Nik San Antonio, Isaak, Brigham, Joe Rufo and Logan Heckman each tallied one hit.
- The Rams played their second nationally ranked foe of the 2019 campaign.
Suffolk awaits the final score of the GNAC single-elimination contest between No. 4 Lasell and No. 5 Albertus Magnus with the Rams set to host the winner in the opening outing of the double elimination portion of the 2019 conference championship Thursday, May 2 at East Boston Memorial Park at 7 p.m.