BOSTON – Suffolk, who will play four games over the next seven days, closes its road swing Sunday afternoon as the Rams stop by New England College for a 1 p.m. tip-off.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Trailing by as many as 12 points with 12:33 remaining in the second half, the Suffolk men's basketball team made a late comeback, but it would not be enough as the Rams fell at Salve Regina, 73-71, Tuesday night at the Rodgers Recreation Center.
Jake Meister matched his career-high 23 points, which he set in the 2015-16 season opener, to lead Suffolk (1-3) for the second time this year. The senior shot 9-of-11 from the floor including of 5-of-6 performance from three-point range. Classmate Caleb Unni pitched in 16 points, on a 50 percent connection rate (6-12) and added five rounds, three steals and one block.
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk sits at 1-3 this season with its lone victory coming in the form of an 83-65 win over Johnson State.
- The Rams average 69.8 points per game with four players notching double digits. Jake Mesiter's 14.8 paces the pack with Quinn McCartney's 14.0 ppg right behind. Matt Duquette and Caleb Unni round out the double figure scoring foursome.
- The blue-and-gold has received a well-balanced effort ton the glass. Adam Chick's 7.0 rpg are good for the top on the team with Steven DiPrizio chipping in 6.0 caroms per contest.
PROWL ON THE PILGRIMS
- New England College has split its first four games to sit at 2-2 on the year. In the Pilgrim's last putting was a winning 85-75 game against fellow GNAC member Rivier.
- The Pilgrims are putting in 81.0 ppg behind 19.3 from Dezron Wilson and 12.3 from Ricky Leonard.
- New England and its opponents have been equal on the glass, 42.5-42.5. Dondre James paces the Pilgrims in rebounds (8.3 rpg).
Suffolk returns to the friendly confines of Regan Gymnasium Tuesday, Dec. 1 to open GNAC action against Albertus Magnus. The conference tip-off is slated for 7 p.m.