BOSTON – After a week off, the Suffolk men's basketball team will cap 2015 play Monday night when it welcomes Wheelock for an 8 p.m. game.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
Suffolk led by as many as 14 points after the break and did not let Emmanul come closer than four to seal its first GNAC victory of the season.
Duquette finished with a game-high 28 points and went 12-of-19 from the floor. Meister notched 23 points while going 4-of-9 from behind the arc and Caleb Unni added 12 points on 3-of-4 shooting. Adam Chick pulled down a team-high seven boards and chipped in three points.
Suffolk shot 54.2 percent (26-48) for the game, and was 10-of-22 from three and 17-of-26 at the line. Emmanuel, who shot 46.0 percent (29-63) from the floor, was held to a 17.6 connection rate (3-17) from long range and was led by Kyle Davis' 26 points.
Monday's game against Springfield is part of a doubleheader for the Rams, as the men's team will take on Wheelock following the women's game at 8 p.m.
The last time Suffolk played a men's and women's double-header was February 17, 2015 when the women defeated Saint Joseph's of Maine, 68-51, before the men fell to Anna Maria, 88-79.
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk closed outs its four games over seven-day stretch on a high note, a 79-72 GNAC win over Emmanuel December 5. Now, 3-5 overall, the Rams look to put together back-to-back victories for the firs time this season.
- A pair of Rams average double-figures with Matt Duquette's sixth-best league mark of 17.1 ppg leading the way. Jake Meister provides 15.4 ppg, which is ninth amongst the GNAC.
- As a team, Suffolk is grabbing 33.6 rebounds per game, paced by Adam Chick's 6.4.
- Wheelock dropped its first four contests of the season and has split its four games in December to carry a 2-6 mark into Monday's game.
- Anthony Williams leads the Wildcats' offense with 18.1 ppg. The junior forward has pulled down a team-high 7.9 rpg and has dished out 1.8 apg.
- Wheelock also receives double digits from Nicholas Fenton (12.8 ppg) and Derek Fournier (11.6 ppg).
Suffolk will take a two-week break for the holidays and return to action in 2016 when the Rams visit Emerson Sunday, Jan. 3 for a 1 p.m. non-conference contest.