BOSTON – The Suffolk men's basketball team is set to take on River Saturday, Jan. 9 at 3 p.m. in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk men's basketball team mounted an impressive second-half comeback, but the Rams would only get as close as six points to Mount Ida as the Mustangs pulled out a 74-66 victory in GNAC action Thursday night at Regan Gymnasium.
Suffolk doubled its 20.7 first-half shooting percentage in the second-half with a 43.3 percent connection rate to finish the day shooting 32.2 percent. Matt McLean led the Rams offense with 14 points off the bench with Michael Hagopian adding 13. Jake Meister chipped in 12 points and Curtis Casella pitching in 10.
MORE READING: Men's Basketball's Comeback Falls Short vs. Mt. Ida, 74-66
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk dropped to 3-8 on the year and 1-3 in GNAc play with a 74-66 loss to Mount Ida Thursday.
- The Rams have its two leading scorers landing in the conference's top ten in Jake Meister and Matt Duquette. Meister's team-leading 15.5 ppg ranks fifth in the league with his 43.1 connection rate behind-the-arc landing eighth. Duquette's 15.2 ppg is good for seventh in the conference statistics. As a team, Suffolk is scoring 67.7 ppg and shooting 42.7 percent from the floor, both rank seventh amongst GNAC schools.
- Adam Chick team-best 6.3 rpg lands just outside the conference top-10 in 11th.
READ UP ON THE RAIDERS
- Rivier owns a 2-10 overall record and 2-3 conference mark heading into the meeting with the Rams. In the Raiders last game, Rivier fell at Johnson & Wales, 91-53.
- Andre Ruff has scored a team leading 14.9 ppg this season, shooting 38.4 percent from the floor and 37.5 percent from three. Ruff also leads the team on the class with 5.3 rpg. Anthony Simmons has chipped 11.3 ppg and has dished out a team-best 2.4 apg.
Suffolk remains on the road Wednesday, Jan. 13 when it travels to Norwich for a 7 p.m. contest.