BOSTON – Coming off its 53-51 win at Rivier, the Suffolk men's basketball team is set to take on the Norwich Cadets Wednesday, Jan. 13 at 7 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Sophomore Matt McLean hit a jump shot as time expired to give the Suffolk men's basketball team a 53-51 victory over the Raiders of Rivier inside Muldoon Gymnasium in GNAC action Saturday afternoon.
McLean finished with eight points, including the two most important ones, in a reserve effort for the Rams. Seniro Jake Mesiter waw the overall team leader in points with 13 and junior Matt Duquette added 10 and six rebounds in the win.
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk had its three-game losing streak snapped on Saturday with a thrilling 53-51 buzzer beating win at Rivier.
- Jake Meister paces the Rams with 15.3 ppg, shooting 40 percent from the field and 41.9 percent from beyond-the-arc. Matt Duquette has notched 14.7 ppg on 40.9 percet shooting and has grabbed 5.1 rpg. Adam Chick's 6.2 rpg lead the Rams' on the glass.
- As a team, Suffolk averages 66.5 ppg and is shooting 42.3 percent from the field.
CATCH UP ON THE CADETS
- Norwich enters play Wednesday with a 3-10 overall record and 0-6 in GNAC contests after losing the last three straight. The Cadets last fell at Johnson & Wales, 84-48, Saturday.
- Mike Hogervorst leads Norwich in both points (12.9) and rebounds (5.7) while shooting 56.3 percent from the floor. Ryan Booth has notched 11.3 ppg and 5.0 rpg, with Zygimantas Sirvydas adding 9.1 ppg.
Suffolk returns home Saturday, Jan. 16 to entertain Johnson & Wales at 3:15 p.m.