BOSTON – In a rescheduled game from January 5, the Suffolk men's basketball team will entertain Lasell Thursday night inside Regan Gymnasium.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
In a game that featured six tied scores and eight lead changes, Suffolk slipped up late in the second half and Saint Joseph's College claimed the lead for good, 62-56, in GNAC men's basketball action at the Harold Alfond Center Monday afternoon.
Senior Jake Meister scored a game-high 19 points with seven rebounds. Classmate Caleb Unni also netted double figures with 11 to go along with five caroms, while senior Adam Chick tallied nine points with eight rebounds and three handouts. Junior forward Matt Duquette chipped in off the bench with seven points, three boards, three assists and three swats.
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- After opening the GNAC slate with a 79-72 defeat of Emmanuel at Regan Gym on Dec. 5, the Rams have lost six of the last seven, including three straight to move to 4-11 overall and 2-6 against conference competition.
- Jake Meister continues to impress in his senior campaign as he is currently averaging 15.1 points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Matt Duquette is also posting double figures with the 10th most points per game in the GNAC, 14.1. As a team, Suffolk is shooting 41.4 from the field from beyond the 3-point arc and 66.7 percent at the line.
- Defensively, the Rams grab 32.1 rebounds per game, led by Adam Chick's 5.9
LOWDON ON THE LASERS
- Lasell has rattled off five straight wins to open the new year and carry an 11-4 overall and 8-0 conference ledger into action Thursday night.
- Five different players are averaging double figures led by Armin Omanovic's 17.6 ppg. Richard O'Brien (13.7 ppg), Scott Arsenault (12.8 ppg), Pat Marcharnd (12.3 ppg) and Logan Liberty (10.7 ppg) and round out the top five.
- On the defensive end, Marchand pace the pack with 9.0 rpg.
Suffolk entertains Anna Maria at home Saturday at 3:15 p.m.