BOSTON – In a rescheduled game from January 5, the Suffolk men's basketball team will entertain Lasell Thursday night inside Regan Gymnasium.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
For the fourth time this season, the Suffolk basketball teams will take part in a double feature with the men's squad tipping things off at 11 a.m. against Anna Maria, before the women's team hosts Lasell at 1 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
In a rescheduled GNAC contest, the Suffolk men's basketball team fell victim to its undefeated league foe Lasell, 88-56, Thursday night inside Regan Gymnasium.
After a six-point deficit at half, 44-38, Lasell quickly built a double-digit lead. The 10-point lead quickly doubled and went on to triple for the Lasers to run away with an 88-56 triumph.
Jake Meister's 15 points paced the Rams, with Matt Duquette and Michael Hagopian adding 13 and 12, respectively. Meister, Adam Chick and Nacho Ballve each grabbed five caroms to pace the Rams' 30 rebound effort.
MORE READING: Lasell Stuns Men's Basketball, 88-56
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk (4-12, 2-7 GNAC) is 0-4 in its last four games after starting conference play at 2-3.
- Jake Meister paces a duo of double-figure scorers with 15.1 points per game, adding 3.1 rebounds. Matt Duquette adds 14.0 points per game and pulls down 4.8 rpg.
- Suffolk puts in 63.2 points per game as a team on a 40.6 connection rate from the floor, 23.3 beyond the arc and 67.9 at the lined. The Rams grab 31.9 boards per game led by Adam Chick's 5.8
A BIT ABOUT THE AMCATS
- Anna Maria has picked up two straight GNAC games to improve to 5-4 in the conference and 9-7 overall. The AMCATS last defeated Mount Ida, 87-78, Monday night.
- Patrick Bradanese leads Anna Maria in scoring at 18.8 ppg and enters the weekend ranked ninth in the GNAC. Tyler Delorey (14.4) and Corey Pryor (11.3) also tally double figures.
- As a team, the AMCATS rank fourth in the conference in scoring (78.8), but ninth in scoring defense (80.9). Anna Maria is shooting 46.1 percent from the field, 35.6 percent from three and 66.1 percent at the line.
- Kyle McKissick's 7.4 rpg paces Anna Maria, who pulls down 37.0 caroms as a squad.
Suffolk heads out on the road for rematches with Albertus Magnus, Emmanuel and Anna Maria. The Rams will stop by the Falcons home first, Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m.