BOSTON – The Suffolk men's basketball team caps off a three-game road swing Wednesday night at Anna Maria. Tip-off between the Rams and AMCATS is set for 7 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
In another conference matchup, Suffolk traveled to Albertus Magnus Wednesday night and fell to the Falcons 72-56. The loss marked the Rams' sixth in a row, dropping to 4-14 overall and 2-9 in conference play.
Offensively, Matt Duquette led Suffolk with 20 points on 9-of-16 shooting. The 6-foot-6 forward also pulled down four rebounds. Jake Meister also registered double figures in the contest scoring 13 points and going 6-for-6 from the line, while also bringing downa team-high seven boards and adding six assists.
MORE READING: Albertus Magnus Flies Past Men's Basketball, 72-56
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
• Suffolk has yet to tally a mark in the win column since January 9 as the Rams have lost seven in a row to slip to 4-15 on the year and 2-10 in GNAC play.
• Matt Duquette and Jake Meister lead the Rams' offense, averaging 15.3 and 14.7 points, respectively. Meister is also shooting 80.6 percent from the line while Duquette is averaging 4.9 rebounds per game.
•Suffolk puts in 62.9 points per game as a team on a 40.6 connection rate from the floor, 34.2 beyond the arc and 70.0 at the line. The Rams grab 32.2 boards per game led by Adam Chick's 5.7.
A BIT ABOUT THE AMCATS
- Anna Maria has slipped up in back-to-back GNAC games to fall to 6-6 in the conference and 10-9 overall. The AMCATS were last defeated by then-No. 23 Johnson & Wales, 103-62 Saturday.
- Patrick Bradanese leads Anna Maria in scoring at 19.3 ppg and enters the week ranked first in the GNAC. Tyler Delorey (13.3) and Corey Pryor (11.7) also tally double figures.
- As a team, the AMCATS rank fifth in the conference in scoring (78.0), but 10th in scoring defense (82.2). Anna Maria is shooting 45.4 percent from the field, 35.9 percent from three and 66.8 percent at the line.
- Kyle McKissick's 7.2 rpg paces Anna Maria, who pulls down 37.1 caroms as a squad.
WE MEET AGAIN
In a matinee match-up, the Suffolk men's basketball team slipped to Anna Maria, 88-71, inside Regan Gymnasium January 23.
Matt Duquette had a breakout day, shooting 11-of-20 from the floor and went a perfect 6-o-f6 at the line for a team-high 28 points. Jake Meister and Michael Hagopian also contributed double-figures with 13 and 11, respectively. Suffolk finished the day shooting 46.6 (27-58) percent from the field and 91.7 percent (11-12) at the line.
MORE READING: Anna Maria Stymies Men's Basketball
Adam Chick and Caleb Unni will each look to cement their places in Suffolk men's basketball history this season as they climb the career ranks. Unni looks to become the 28th member of Suffolk's 1,000-point club, while the senior pair is on the cusps of eclipses the 100-game mark. Chick has appeared in 97 games, while Unni has seen the court 96 times throughout his career.
The Rams will end the three-game road stretch Wednesday evening when they travel to play Anna Maria at 7 p.m. before returning home to host Norwich Saturday, Feb. 6 at 3:15 p.m.