SATURDAY, JAN. 12 // 1:00 PM
BOSTON – The Suffolk men's basketball team rides a three-game win streak into its first GNAC tilt of the season when the Rams entertain Johnson & Wales at Regan Gymnasium Saturday, Jan. 12. Game time is set for 1 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk men's basketball team put on a show for its home crowd in its first action inside Regan Gymnasium of 2019 as the Rams ran past Regis, 82-52, in non-conference action.
MORE READING: Men's Basketball Upends Regis, 82-52
Suffolk's season-best three-game win streak pushed the Rams to 8-5 on the year.
The Rams' 77.8 ppg offense is paced by the trio of Thomas Duffy (14.6 ppg), Brendan Mulson (13.0 ppg) and Michael Hagopian (12.1 ppg) with sparks from Alex Jacovides (9.8 ppg) and Steven DiPrizio (7.8 ppg).
DiPrizio and Mulson are the main ingredients to Suffolk's 36.7 rpg with the junior and sophomore grabbing 5.6 rpg and 5.0 rpg, respectively.
Johnson & Wales lifted the lid on its league slate Tuesday night with a convincing 79-42 victory over Norwich to head to Beantown, 6-8 overall and 1-0 against conference competition.
A quartet of players average double figures to buoy the Wildcats' 74.4 ppg offense. Brian Hogan-Gary's 22.4 ppg leads the way. The junior guard is not only the top scorer, but the biggest threat on the boards as well with 10.9 ppg to average a double-double. Randall Ferdinand (15.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg) contributes on both ends of the hardwood with Justin Bullock (11.2 ppg) and Matt Madoian (10.4 ppg) rounding out the foursome of double digit scorers for JWU.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk and JWU will meet for the 42nd time Saturday.
- The Rams trail the all-time series, 13-29, and have fall in 14 straight to the Wildcats.
- The foes last met in the GNAC semis a year ago, which JWU won, 80-74, despite a 33-point performance from Thomas Duffy.
- Suffolk's last win over the Wildcats came Dec. 8, 2011, 74-54.
- Suffolk lifts the lid on the GNAC portion of its schedule versus Johnson & Wales for the first time since 2011-12. When meeting the Wildcats in the first conference contest of the season the Rams are 2-3.
- Overall, the Rams own a 9-10 record in the first league game of the year.
- When it comes to location, Suffolk has opened up league action at home 15 times including the last 12 straight seasons.
Suffolk will wrap up non-conference action at Western New England Monday, Jan. 14 in a 7 p.m. contest.