BEVERLY, Mass. – The Suffolk men's hockey team fell to No. 9/10 Endicott, 6-1, Saturday afternoon at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
SCORE: Suffolk 1, #9/10 Endicott 6
RECORDS: Suffolk (8-12-2, 5-10-1) | #9/10 Endicott (17-4-2, 13-3-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Six different players scored for Endicott throughout the game. Josh Boes opened the scoring at the 8:27 mark of the first period to give the Gulls the early 1-0 lead.
Brian Brooks found the back of the net just under four minutes later to tie the game at 1-1.
Endicott would go on to score five unanswered goals in the second and third periods to secure the victory. The Gulls goals from Ross Olsson, Cam Bleck, John Carricato, Logan Day and Connor Frazier.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Michael Levine shifted to 8-9-2 and recorded 42 saves.
- Mark Specia improved to 10-1-0 on the season and made 16 saves.
- Joe Vingi and Mikhail Bryan earned assists on Brooks' tally.
- Bryan led the team in shots with four.
- Endicott held a 48-17 shot advantage.
- The Gulls won the faceoff matchup, 43-29.
Suffolk concludes the regular season next week with a home-and-home series with Johnson & Wales. The Rams will first visit the Wildcats Thursday, Feb. 8 before hosting JWU Saturday, Feb. 10. Prior to puck drop Saturday night, Suffolk will honor the playing career of its four graduating seniors; Shayne Bailey, Jack Jenkins, Sam Kent, and J.B. Sweeney.