PAWTUCKET, R.I. – Mikhail Bryan put away a pair of goals to help the Suffolk men's team comeback and tie Johnson & Wales, 2-2, Thursday night at Lynch Arena.
SCORE: Suffolk 2, Johnson & Wales 2
RECORDS: Suffolk (8-12-3, 5-10-2 CCC) | Johnson & Wales (5-18-1, 3-13-1 CCC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Wildcats got the on the board first when Graham Day scored at the 7:58 mark of the first period.
The two teams exchanged power play goals in the second period. Bryan put Suffolk on the board just 1:18 into the frame, while Anthony Scarcella leveled the playing field at the 14:03 mark to put the hosts back in front, 2-1.
Bryan tallied his second goal of the evening four minutes into the third period to even the game at 2-all, but neither team could pull through for the game winner.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Michael Levine made 30 saves in the stalemate.
- Suffolk peppered Mike Rockwell with 43 shots with the goalie stopping 41.
- Bryan led Suffolk as the junior scored both of the blue-and-gold's goals.
- Jack Kelly set up each of the Rams' two goals with Brian Brooks and Sam Kent each recording an assist apiece.
- Suffolk held the edge in shots, 43-32.
- The Wildcats won the battle inside the faceoff circle, 48-36.
- Suffolk and JWU tied for just the fourth time in the all-time series dating back to 1999 and first time since a 3-3 decision Feb. 18, 2017.
- Bryan matched a career-high two goals.
- Kelly matched a personal-best with a pair of assists.
- The Rams played in their fourth overtime contests of the season.
- Suffolk is 0-2-2 in extra sessions games this year.
Suffolk caps off the regular season slate Saturday, Feb. 10 as the Rams and Wildcats tangle in a rematch at 7 p.m. at Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Memorial Rink. Prior to the first faceoff, the blue-and-gold will honor the playing careers of its four graduating seniors; Shayne Bailey, Jack Jenkins, Sam Kent and J.B. Sweeney.