BABSON PARK, Mass. – Suffolk men's hockey fell behind early and never caught up to No. 14/15 Babson to fall to the Beavers, 8-3, Saturday night at the Babson Skating Center.
SCORE: Suffolk 3 | No. 14/15 Babson 8
RECORDS: Suffolk (7-13-0, 4-10-0 NEHC) | No. 14/15 Babson (15-4-2, 10-2-2 NEHC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mikhail Bryan scored 66 seconds into the opening period to give Suffolk a 1-0 lead before the Beavers ripped off five straight goals to end the stanza.
Down 5-1, Brian Brooks scored on the power play at 13:20 to get the Rams within three-goals of Babson, but the Beavers put the game away with a trio of third period markers.
- Will Ribas, who entered the game at the 9:53 mark of the first period, made 32 saves in relief of Michael Levine, who stopped just one of five shots to open the game.
- Matt Pompa picked up the win in net for the Beavers behind a 33-save effort.
- Bryan, Brooks and Miller Rubin were responsible for the Rams' goals.
- Jack Kelly set-up Bryan's and Brooks' strikes.
- LJ Fellows, David Lappin and Joseph Mortillaro each recorded one assist.
- Babson held a 37-36 edge in shots.
- The Rams took the face-off battle, 35-31.
- Each team went 1-for-2 on the power play.
- Suffolk met its seventh ranked opponent of the season.
- Lappin has produced one point in back-to-back games. In those contests, he has registered one goal and one assist.
Suffolk will close out its home slate this weekend when it entertains Norwich and Castleton at Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Memorial Rink. The Cadets stop by Friday, Feb. 1 before the Spartans visit the next night, Saturday, Feb. 2 for a Military Appreciation contest. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m. puck drops.