CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Three different Rams found the back of the net Wednesday afternoon as the Suffolk men's soccer team found its rhythm and with it a 4-1 victory over Pine Manor at Hadley Field.
SCORE: Suffolk 4, Pine Manor 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (2-3) | Pine Manor (1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Alberto Bittan put away two goals in the first half to give Suffolk a nice 4-0 cushion heading into intermission. The Gators got on the board early in the second stanza, but Jarrett Davis and Jordan Casey each knocked a goal of their own in to capture the Rams' second victory of the season.
- Just 3:14 into the non-conference contest Bittan put away his seven goal of the year off a feed from Alex Ypsilantis, who not only recorded his first point of the season, but of the senior's collegiate career.
- Bittan struck again at 34:29 unassisted for the 2-0 advantage.
- Three minutes after Pine Manor got on the board, Davis tallied his first score of the season to stretch the Rams' lead back to three.
- Casey rounded out the scoring with an unassisted score at 82:14.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- In his first collegiate appearance, Jon Brodeur made seven stops to pick up the win.
- Oscar Estrada saved half of Suffolk's eight shots on goal in the setback.
- Suffolk earned its first ever win against Pine Manor and is now 1-1 all-time against the Gators.
Suffolk returns to action Saturday, Sept. 17 when it entertain Regis at James A. Sartori Stadium at East Boston Memorial Park at 3:30 p.m.