BOSTON – The Suffolk men's soccer team snapped its two-game skid in shutout fashion Saturday afternoon as the Rams blanked Lasell, 3-0, at James A. Sartori Stadium at East Boston Memorial Park.
SCORE: Suffolk 3, Lasell 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (4-5-0, 2-1-0 GNAC) | Lasell (1-8-0, 0-4-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Christian Restrepo scored less than four minutes into the game to give Suffolk an early 1-0 edge. On a rain soaked field, neither team was able to find the back of the netting again over the first 45 as the score held as the teams headed into the locker room. Thanks to the cleats of Aaron Haggas, Suffolk stretched its lead to two goals as the senior connected on penalty kick, before firing his fourth goal of the season in.
- Lasell attempted to clear the zone, but turned it right over to Restrepo. The freshman forward had a one-on-one opportunity with Jackson Burhans and won, scoring his first collegiate goal at 3:28
- Haggas kept his and Suffolk's PK percentage at 100 when he faked left and scored right to put the Rams up, 2-0, in the 62nd minute.
- Nearly 10 minutes later, Haggas struck again with a floater over Burhans gloves from the right side into the left netting to make it a 3-0 Suffolk contest.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Jon Brodeur earned his second victory and shutout of the season and of his career with a two-save effort.
- Burhans slipped to 0-4 despite a six-save day.
- Suffolk earned its second-ever win over Lasell since 2002.
Suffolk heads out on the road for the first time in two weeks Wednesday, Oct. 5 as the Rams visit Mount Ida. The GNAC game is slated for a 7 p.m. kick off.