NORTHFIELD, Vt. – The Suffolk men's soccer team saw its two-game win streak come to an abrupt halt Saturday afternoon as Norwich shutout the Rams, 4-0, at Sabine Field in GNAC action.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Norwich 4
RECORDS: Suffolk (5-6-0, 3-2-0 GNAC) | Norwich (6-4-2, 3-0-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Norwich used two goals in each half and limited Suffolk's shot attempts nine, one on target, to seal up the conference victory.
- Nearly 15 minutes to the contest Norwich broke open the scoring. Jacob Zimmerman headed home his sixth goal of the year off an assist from Luke Gleadle to put the Cadets up 1-0.
- With seven minutes remaining before half, Norwich stretched its lead to two when Ronaldo Powell set up Ethan Melia's fifth goal of the season.
- Melia put his second goal of the day away and his sixth of the season just eight minutes into the second half to push the Cadets advantage to three. Noah Schiers set up the tally.
- Powell added a goal to his stat line with just about 10 minutes remaining on the clock to push Norwich's lead to 4-0.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Jon Brodeur saw seven shots and turned away three as the freshman moved to 3-3 on the season.
- Norwich's Billy Whaley needed just one single save to pick up the win in goal for the Cadets.
Suffolk hosts Emmanuel on Columbus Day (Oct. 10) at East Boston Memorial Park's James A. Sartori Stadium. Game time is set for 1 p.m.