BOSTON – The Suffolk men's tennis team won its second straight outing Tuesday night as the Rams ran past Lesley, 8-1, at Buckingham, Browne & Nichols.
SCORE: Suffolk 8, Lesley 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (3-2) | Lesley (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk gained a 3-0 advantage after sweeping doubles action. David Grujic set up match point with an impressive 6-0, 6-1 triumph over Peter Weiss in the sixth slot and Cameron Roach clinched the contest for the Rams with a come-from-behind 1-6, 7-5, 6-0 decision over Niko Marcolini in the second spot.
From there, Mike DeFelice picked up a 6-1, 6-1 win over Beowful Urban at No. 1, before the Lynx got on the board with a victory on court five. Rami Esrawi made it a 7-1 Suffolk score thanks to a 6-4, 1-6, 10-5 victory over William Sgro at No. 4 before Kevin Greenman defeated Gerry Chica, 8-3, in the third position for the final 8-1 margin.
- Suffolk began the season 3-2 for the first time since opening the 2015 slate 4-1.
- DeFelice competed as the Rams ace for the first time in his collegiate career.
- Grujic picked up his first win of the season.
- Tang earned his first victory of the year and competed on court six for the first time.
- Green, who played at No. 3 for the first time in 2018, also earned his first singles victory.
- Esrawi made his debut at No. 4 and earned his first singles win of the 2018 campaign.
- Greenman and Esrawi improved to 4-0 on the year in doubles action.
- DeFelice and Roach teamed up as a doubles tandem for the first time and secured a win.
- Tang and Grujic partnered as a doubles pair for the first time and took home a W.
1 – Mike DeFelice (Suffolk) defeated Beowulf Urban (Lesley), 6-1, 6-1
2 – Cameron Roach (Suffolk) defeated Niko Marcolini (Lesley), 1-6, 7-5, 6-0
3 – Kevin Greenman (Suffolk) defeated Gerry Chica (Lesley), 8-3
4 – Rami Esrawi (Suffolk) defeated William Sgro (Lesley), 6-4, 1-6, 10-5
5 – Patrick Corcoran (Lesley) defeated Charles Tang (Suffolk), 7-6, 2-6, 11-9
6 – David Grujic (Suffolk) defeated Peter Weiss (Lesley), 6-0, 6-1
1 – Mike DeFelice/Cameron Roach (Suffolk) defeated Niko Marcolini/William Sgro (Lesley), 8-5
2 – Kevin Greenman/Rami Esrawi (Suffolk) defeated Beowulf Urban/Gerry Chica (Lesley), 8-4
3 – Charles Tang/David Gruijic (Suffolk) defeated Patrick Corcoran/Peter Weiss (Lesley), 8-3
ORDER OF FINISH (D) 3, 1, 3 (S) 6, 2, 1, 5, 4, 3
Suffolk remains on the road as it is set to visit Bridgewater State Thursday, April 5 for a 3:30 p.m. non-conference clash.