WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – The Suffolk softball wrapped its GNAC regular season with a 10-4 victory over St Joseph (Conn.) at USJ Softball Field Sunday afternoon. The win was a continuation of a postponed contest from April 19 and marks the 10th straight victory for the blue-and-gold.
SCORE: Suffolk 10, St. Joseph (Conn.) 4
RECORDS: Suffolk (24-14, 16-6 GNAC) |St. Joseph (Conn.) (19-15, 12-8 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk picked up where it left off April 19, as the Rams added to their 7-4 edge with one run in the fourth thanks to an RBI single from Devlin Frost.
The Rams kept the Blue Jays quiet and tacked on a pair of runs in the seventh to lock up the 10-4. Evelyn Marquis brought in Jaclyn Flint, who led off with a single, and Morgan Parmeter came in on Ashley Zulla's single down the right field line to round out the scoring.
- A quartet of Rams produced two hits led by Flint's 2-for-3, two-run, one-RBI effort.
- Sydney Littlefield, Frost and Zulla all went 2-for-4. Zulla had two RBI with Littlefield owning one RBI. The trio all scored one run apiece.
- Taylor Holmes picked up the win in the circle as the junior let up four runs on six hits and six walks with seven strikeouts.
- Nathalia Vega suffered the setback as the starter gave up seven runs (six earned) on five hits and six walks with one strikeout.
- Amaria Sharon came on in relief, letting up three runs on seven hits and fanning three batters.
- Suffolk's 10-game win streak is the longest for the Rams since stringing 11 victories together April 1-12, 2015.
Suffolk preps for the GNAC Tournament with a non-conference contest at Framingham State Tuesday, May 2.