CLERMONT, Fla. – The Suffolk softball team split its third day of action at The Spring Games as it dropped an 8-1 decision to Stockton to close out Wednesday action at Hancock Park.
SCORE: Suffolk 1, Stockton 8
RECORDS: Suffolk (3-3) | Stockton (6-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Opserys opened the scoring in the first with two runs and added another pair in the fourth to put Suffolk in a four-run hole.
In an attempt to get back in the contest, the Rams put one run on the board in the top of the fifth. Payton Sylvester scored what would be Suffolk's only run on the night as the freshman, who reached on a double, came in on a fielder's choice with Jaclyn Flint earning the RBI.
Stockton responded with three runs in the home half the inning and added another for good measure in the sixth to make it an 8-1 margin. The Osperys held any type of Rams comeback in the opening half of the seventh to secure the victory.
- Ali Yamakaitis slipped to 0-2 on the season after allowing seven runs, four earned, on 11 hits.
- In 1.2 innings of relief, Hannah DelCervo gave up one run on two hits, walked two hitters and sat down one.
- Hannah Bibeault went the distance for Stockton to earn the win behind a one-run, seven-hit, six-strikeout, one-walk night.
- Payton Sylvester and Kelly Keane each hand multi-hit outings. The former went 2-for-4 with one double and one run, while the latter went 2-for-3.
- Frost, Flint and Delaney Sylvsetera accounted for the other three runs with one apiece.
- Flint produced the lone RBI for Suffolk.
- Frost and Payton Sylvester each knocked one double.
- Keane and Sylvester had multi-hit games for the second time in their collegiate careers.
The Rams have less than 24 hours until they are back in action as day four (Wednesday, March 14) of The Spring Games features battles versus Pomona Pitzer (9:00 a.m.) and Bethany (11:30 a.m.).