EAST BOSTON – The Suffolk softball team blanked Lesley, 1-0, in the nightcap of a two-game non-conference twinbill behind seven scoreless innings by senior pitcher Ali Yamakaitis Monday night at East Boston Memorial Park.
SCORE:Suffolk 1, Lesley 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (12-6) | Lesley (10-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
A classics pitcher's duel held tonight through the first two innings before Suffolk started the scoring in the bottom of the second. Madison Eucalitto led off with a double to deep center and ran in thanks to Payton Sylvester's single to center.
The score stood still from there as the Rams were unable to capitalize on base runners, while the blue-and-old's defense backed-up Yamakitis to hold onto the 1-0 victory.
- Yamakaitis only allowed three hits on the evening and recorded four strikeouts to shut down the Lynx.
- Jordan Day slipped up for the second-straight outing despite a one-run, three-hit, four-walk, four-strikeout, full-game effort.
- Eucalitto's lone hit of the night was good for two bases with the senior second baseman scoring Suffolk's lone run of the night.
- Payton Sylvester's only hit of the outing was responsible for the Rams' only RBI.
- Ashley Zulla put together a 1-for-1, two-walk performance.
- The Rams won their second-straight game versus the Lynx to improve to 9-1 all-time versus the Lynx.
- Suffolk and Lesley met in a two-game series for the second-time in the all-time series and the Rams have swept the Lynx in both such instances.
- Yamakaitis threw her first complete-game shutout of the season and ninth in her collegiate career.
Suffolk takes Tuesday off before returning to Eastie for a conference clash with Regis. First pitch is set for 4 p.m.