BOSTON – The Suffolk women's basketball team plays its second straight home game, as the Rams are set to entertain Connecticut College Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Chelsea Campellone recorded a double-double and Alessandra Quadri added 15 points as the Suffolk women's basketball team defeated Colby Sawyer 64-53 Saturday afternoon in the team's home opener inside Regan Gymnasium.
Campellone hit five field goals and was a perfect 2-of-2 at the line, while Quadri went 7-of-15 from the floor and added a team-best four assists. Kelsey Schiebel and Alexandra Nagri added eight points, respectively, with Schiebel also dishing out four helpers.
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- After two straight wins at the Emerson Tip-Off Tournament, Suffolk fell at Regis, 51-41, but rebounded with a 64-53 home-opening victory over Colby Sawyer to move to 3-1 on the year.
- Alessandra Quadri, who has led the Rams in scoring in two contests, is the lone player in blue-and-gold averaging double figures at 11.0 ppg.
- Freshman Marissa Gudauskas is not far behind, however, with 9.3 ppg, as junior Kelsey Schiebel and Alexandra Nagri contribute 7.5 ppg and 7.0 ppg, respectively.
- Nagri and Schiebel are Suffolk's main distributors as Nagri has hands out 3.5 apg, whir Schiebel passes out 3.3 apg.
- Suffolk, who is outrebounding its opponents by a 3.8 margin, is paced by Chelsea Campellone's 8.5 rpg, and 7.8 boards from Caitlyn Caramello.
CATCH UP ON THE CAMELS
- Connecticut College enter plays Sunday afternoon with an undefeated 3-0 record and comes off an 85-71 victory at Roger Williams.
- The Camels have scored 80-plus points in each of its three contests led by a quartet of double digit scorers. Freshman Payton Ouimette leads the charge with 15.7 ppt with her classmate Kylie Caouette right behind with 14.3 ppg. Junior Liz Malman contributes 13.3 ppt and rookie Natalia Baum rounds out the foursome with 11.0 ppg.
- Connecticut owns a 5.3 rebounding margin over its opponents. Ouimette is also the Camels' leader on the boards with 11.0 rpg.
Suffolk continues its homestand Thursday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. versus Fitchburg State.