BOSTON – The Suffolk women's basketball team will take the hardwood against two Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) foes this week. The Rams welcome Fitchburg State to Regan Gymnasium Thursday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m., before stopping by Framingham State Saturday, Dec. 5 at 1 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Three different Rams scored in double figures, but it would not be enough as the Suffolk women's basketball team was edged by Connecticut College, 75-57, Sunday afternoon at Regan Gymnasium.
Chelsea Campellone registered a team-high 15 points. The senior forward was 9-of-11 from the line and pulled down eight rebounds in 21 minutes of action. Sophomore Caitlyn Caramello totaled 12 points with five boards and one hand as junior Georgia Bourikas added 10 points off a perfect 6-of-6 showing at the stripe and added seven caroms.
Suffolk (3-2) shot just 29.2 percent (14-48) on the afternoon and was 2-of-11 from 3-point range.
MORE READING: Connecticut College Upends Women's Basketball, 75-57
RUN DOWN ON THE RAMS
- After opening the season with back-to-back victories, Suffolk has sandwiched two losses around a win to sit 3-2 overall. The Rams last fell victim to Connecticut College, 75-57, Sunday.
- Alessandra Quadri leads the Rams in scoring at 10.6 ppg. Chlesea Campellone and Kelsey Schiebel pitch in 8.6 ppg and 8.0 ppg, respectively.
- With 44.0 boards per outing, Suffolk is out rebounding its opponents by 4.2 margin paced by 8.4 rpg from Campellone.
FACTS ON THE FALCONS
- Fitchburg, who plays Anna Maria Tuesday before coming to Regan Gymnasium, has yet to find the win column this season as the Falcons have dropped seven straight with its last defeat coming to the hands of Becker, 44-37.
- Erika Schneider is the lone Falcon averaging double digits as the senior forward puts in 11.7 ppg.
- Leveille, who chips in 5.0 ppg, leads Fitchburg on the glass as the senior forward pulls down 8.2 rpg.
SCOUTING THE FRAMINGHAM RAMS
- Framingham has see-saw back and forth between wins and losses to sit at 3-2 on the year. The Rams last defeated Suffolk's GNAC rival Mount Ida, 93-70. Before hosting Suffolk Saturday, Framingham will entertain Rivier Tuesday night.
- The Rams, who shoot 35.7 percent from the field, are averaging 68.8 points per game on the year with 20.8 ppg coming from Raegan Mulherin. Framingham has also received double figures from junior center Alycia Rackliffe (10.2 ppg).
- Monta Connolly and Rackliffe grab a team-best 8.0 rpg.
Suffolk closes out first semester at home. First up, is a showdown with Clark Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.