BOSTON – The Suffolk women's basketball team will welcome Wentworth to Regan Gymnasium Saturday at 1 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
Chelsea Campellone's career night led the Suffolk women's basketball team past Clark, 74-66, Tuesday night at Regan Gymnasium.
Campellone went 9-of-20 from the floor and was perfect 6-of-6 from the line to tally a game-high 24 points. The senior forward, who grabbed 13 rebounds for her third double-double of the season, led a trio of Rams in double figures as junior Kelsey Schiebel and sophomore Alexandra Nagri provided 16 and 11, respectively. As a team, Suffolk (5-3) shot 41.3 percent from the floor, 74.l1 percent from the line and outrebounded Clark (2-7), 54-44.
RUNDOWN ON THE RAMS
- After opening the season with two consecutive victories, Suffolk looks to put together back-to-back wins Saturday afternoon after the Rams have traded wins and losses for the past six straight contests.
- Suffolk is now 5-3 overall and 3-1 on the Michael E. Smith and Larry S. Smith Court inside Regan Gymnasium.
- The Rams have depended on well-balanced scoring as only two players in blue-and-gold are putting in double figures. Chelsea Campellone's 12.0 ppg are leading the way, while Alessandra Quadris tallies 11.0 ppg.
- Defensively, Campellone is also the go-to, as the senior forward brings down 9.5 rpg, which is good for sixth amongst GNAC players. Cailtyn Caramello adds 6.5 rpg to Suffolk's 46.0 rpg effort.
- , Campellone is also the go-to, as the senior forward brings down 9.5 rpg, which is good for sixth amongst GNAC players. Cailtyn Caramello adds 6.5 rpg to Suffolk's 46.0 rpg effort.
LOWDOWN ON THE LEOPARDS
- Similar to Suffolk, Wentworth has not put together a win streak as it carries a 4-4 record across town for Saturday's meeting.
- In the Leopards last outing, they defeated Pine Manor, 57-54, Thursday thanks to three players in double figures led by Carly Rogers' 15 points and seven rebounds.
- Rogers is a key factor in Wentworth's lineup as the senior forward leads the way on both ends of the court; 14.9 ppg and 8.4 rpg.
- Rachel Camara is second on the team in points (12.3 ppg) and third in rebounds (6.4 rpg), with Kellie Messer helping on the glass with 6.8 rpg.
The Rams cap off the 2015 portion of their schedule Monday, Dec. 14 when Suffolk welcomes Springfield to Regan Gymnasium for a 6 p.m. game.