BOSTON – The Suffolk women's basketball team will cap off a five-game homestand Thursday night when the Rams entertain Boston local Pine Manor at 6 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
Thursday's game against Pine Manor is part of a doubleheader for the Rams, as the men's team will take on Mount Ida following the women's contest at 8 p.m.
This is the second time this season that Suffolk's men's and women's basketball teams will host a doubleheader. The first came on December 14 with each squad dropping thrilling contests.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk women's basketball team opened 2016 on a high note, as the Rams took down Worcester State, 78-61, Monday night inside Regan Gymnasium.
Nine different Rams put the ball in the basket with five scoring double figures. Alessandra Quadri led on both ends of the floor for the second straight game as the senior guard poured in 16 points and 14 rebounds. Georgia Bourikas matched Quadri's points with 16 and contributed seven boards, six assists and two steals. Alexandra Nagri put in 14 points, followed closely by Kelsey Schiebel's 13 on a 5-of-8 performance from the floor and a perfect 3-of-3 from long range. Marissa Gudauskas rounded out all scorers in double figures with 10 points, shooting 50 percent (4-8) on the day.
MORE READING: Women's Basketball Flies Past Worcester State, 78-61
HOME SWEET HOME
Suffolk is 5-2 when playing under the lights of Regan Gymnasium, averaging 67.9 points and 49.1 per game, while shooting 37.3 percent (168-451) on the Larry E. Smith and Michael S. Smith floor. Beyond the arc the Rams putting up a 34.3 connection rate (37-108) and shooting 68.9 percent (113-231) from the line in front of the home crowd.
Chelsea Campellone averages a double-double (14.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg) in the friendly confines of Regan, while Alessandra Quadri (13.7), Georgia Bourikas (10.2 ppg) and Marissa Gudauskas (10.0 ppg) also notch double figures..
RUNDOWN ON THE RAMS
- Suffolk sits at 7-4, last winning a 78-61 against Worcester State Monday night.
- Alessandra Quadri and Chelsea Campellone pace the Rams with 12.8 and 12.0 points, respectively. Campellone is also leading the team defensively with 9.4 rpg.
- Suffolk posts 64.5 points per game, while holdings its opponents to 58.5.
GET TO KNOW THE GATORS
- Pine Manor will play its seventh straight road contest Thursday as it brings a 1-10 into Regan Gymnasium. The Gators are coming off a 68-65 loss at Simmons Jan. 5.
- The Gators get double-figure production from three players. Alexis Lee leads all scorers with 19.2 points with Erica Jones and Sybil Lynch each scoring 11.8 points, respectively. Khyiana Isaac adds a team-high 6.0 rpg to her 7.2 ppg efforts.
- Pine Manor is being outscored by opponents, 74.5-67.0.
Suffolk steps out on the road for the first time in 2016 as the Rams visit Simmons Saturday, Jan. 9 for a 1 p.m. contest.