BOSTON – In the midst of its final regular-season homestand, the Suffolk women's basketball team welcomes Rivier to Regan Gymnasium Tuesday night. The GNAC contest is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk women's basketball team pulled itself out of an early deficit to defeat Norwich, 59-49, in GNAC play inside Regan Gymnasium Saturday afternoon.
MORE READING: Women's Basketball Takes Down Norwich, 59-49
RUNDOWN ON THE RAMS
- At 12-9 overall and 4-3 in the GNAC with four regular-season games remaining, Suffolk looks to secure home court advantage in the playoffs the remainder of the way.
- The Rams offense (63.8), spearheaded by Chelsea Campellone's 14.9 ppg, ranks eighth amongst GNAC schools, while Suffolk's defense that allows 59.6 ppg sits sixth.
- Where Suffolk makes up ground is on the boards. The Rams pull down a league-best 47.4 boards per game, led by Campellone's 9.9, which ranks fourth in the conference.
READ UP ON THE RAIDERS
- After defeating Fisher, 88-83, January 21, Rivier has dropped its last six games to slip to 8-13 overall and 3-5 in the GNAC.
- Rivier's 64.8 ppg is good for sixth amongst GNAC schools as a trio of Raiders register double figures. Caitlyn Perry leads the way with 18.4 ppg with Kaylee Kacavas and Savanna Butterfield adding 13.8 ppg and 13.1 ppg, respectively.
- Butterfield is the Raiders leader as the junior forward's team-leading 9.0 rpg is good for seventh in the conference.
Suffolk closes its home schedule Saturday, Feb. 13 when the Rams entertain Albertus Magnus on Senior Day at 1 p.m.