WORCESTER, Mass. – The Suffolk women's basketball team capped off its 2016 portion of it schedule Tuesday night with a 53-44 setback at Clark at the Kneller Athletic Center.
SCORE: Suffolk 44, Clark 53
RECORDS: Suffolk (5-5) | Clark (7-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk took the early lead in the first frame, 13-9, but the Cougars came back in the second, outscoring the rams, 10-5, to hold a slim, 19-18, half time advantage.
Suffolk's comeback was held off by Clark in the second half with the hosts outscoring the visitors, 15-13, in the third and 19-13 in the fourth to hold on for the 53-44 non-conference win.
- Alexandra Nagri shot 50 percent (5-10) from the field to lead the way offensively for the Rams with 11 points.
- Georgia Bourikas also contributed double figures with 10 off the bench to go with four rebounds and one handout.
- Alexandra Clarke paced the Rams on the glass, grabbing 11, including six on the defensive end.
- The Rams were sluggish from the field, shooting a season-low 27.3 percent (18-66) from the floor, 31.3 percent (5-16) from long range and just 50 percent (3-6) at the line.
- The Cougars outrebounded the Rams by one, 32-31, and turned 18 Suffolk turnovers into 15 points.
- Clarke's 11 rebounds marked a season-high for the senior.
Suffolk breaks for finals and the holidays and will be back on the hardwood after the New Year when the Rams visit Pine Manor Thursday, Dec. 5 at 3 p.m.