STANDISH, Maine – The Suffolk women's basketball fell to Saint Joseph's (Maine), 73-45, Tuesday night at the Harold Alfond Center.
SCORE: Suffolk 45, Saint Joseph's (Maine) 73
RECORDS: Suffolk (16-6, 9-4 GNAC) | Saint Joseph's (Maine) (21-1, 13-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
With the help of four three-points in the opening five minutes, Saint Joseph's opened the game with a 14-4 run, as junior guard Julia Champagne drained a three 4:35 into the first quartet to provide the hosts with a 10-point advantage.
As it played out, the Monks proceeded to lead by at least 10 points for the remainder of the evening and held a game-high 31-point, 72-41, cushion with 2:53 remaining.
SJC coasted from there for the final 73-45 margin.
- Alexis Hackett pulled down a game-high 13 rebounds with five points and two assists.
- Jordan Hipwell was 4-for-4 from the free throw line with nine points.
- Jenni-Rose DiCecco added nine points and three boards.
- Marissa Gudauskas came off the bench to net seven points with a pair of steals.
- Hackett had double-digit rebounds for the 14th time this season.
Suffolk is back in the friendly confines of Regan Gymnasium Saturday, Feb. 10 for a showdown with Regis. The rematch battle begins at 1 p.m.