EAST BOSTON – Tess Adams had a hand in six of Suffolk women's hockey nine goals to lead 11 Rams with at least one point in an offensive onslaught, 9-0, victory over Anna Maria Wednesday night at Louis E. Porrazzo Memorial Rink.
SCORE: Suffolk 9 | Anna Maria 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (4-3-0) | Anna Maria (1-4-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk scored four goals in the first and second periods, respectively, and added one in the third for good measure to cruise past Anna Maria.
- Kristen Caporusso picked up five saves in the cleansheet.
- Gabriella Gibson and Gabrielle Ohanesian split time in net for the AMCATs. The former made 22 saves, while the latter picked up 18 stops.
- Payton Dockus,Emily Johnston and Jesse Kennedy each scored two goals with Tess Adams, Shana Cote and Molly Dowd each finding the back of the net once.
- Adams handed out five assists to record a game-high six points.
- Dockus was second on the squad with four points on two goals and two markers.
- Cote finished the day with two points on one goal and one assist with Kennedy owning three points behind a pair of strikes and one helper.
- Madison Duff set-up two shots.
- Sierra Donahue, Stephanie Moy, Julia Volpe andSydney Tietz rounded out the Rms with one assist apiece.
- Suffolk remains undefeated all-time versus Anna Maria, improving to 2-0-0 all-time versus the AMCATS.
- The Rams have shutout the AMCATS in each of the two meetings in the all-time series.
- Suffolk has outscored Anna Maria 13-0.
- The 11 skaters who recorded a point are the most for Suffolk in a single game.
- Adams dished out a career-high five assists, the most by a Suffolk women's hockey player to finish with a personal-best six points, also a game-high for a Ram.
- Johnston's two goals and points are each a career-high for the freshman.
- Duff matched a personal-best in points and assists with two handouts.
- Dockus' produced career-highs in goals (2), assists (2) and points (4).
- Kennedy registered personal-bests in goals (2) and points (3).
- Donahue has dished out one assist in each of the last two games. The one handout is a career-best for the rookie.
- Dowd and Tietz recorded their first collegiate points with one goal and one assist, respectively.
- Cote put together a multi-point game for the second time in her career.
- Johnston had career-highs in goals (2) and points (2).
Suffolk returns to NEHC action this weekend with the Rams on the road for a pair of conference clashes. The blue-and-gold will first visit Johnson & Wales Friday, Nov. 16 for a 3:55 p.m. puck drop, before traveling to UMass Boston Saturday, Nov. 17 for a 3 p.m. tilt.