PAWTUCKET, R.I. – Suffolk women's hockey put away a pair of third period goals to secure a 4-1 victory over Johnson & Wales Friday night at Lynch Arena.
SCORE: Suffolk 4 | Johnson & Wales 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (5-3-0, 2-1-0 NEHC) | Johnson & Wales (1-6-0, 1-4-0 NEHC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk got going early as Sydney Tietz stole the puck in the JWU zone and centered it to Emily Johnston, who buried her fourth goal of the season on a wrist shot just 4:32 into the action.
Johnson & Wales pulled even midway through the second stanza when Cassie Wakefield took the puck behind the net and found Kathryn Mason for the tying goal.
In the third Suffolk saw Madison Duff and Adams each put away the puck for the final 4-1 margin.
- Kristen Caporusso secured the win for Suffolk behind a 19-save performance.
- Jasmine Muccipicked up 18 stops in the setback.
- Adams led the six Suffolk skaters with points with one goal and one handout to her credit.
- Cote, Duff and Johnston each scored for the Rams with Payton Dockus and Tietz dishing out one assist each.
- Suffolk had a slim edge in shots, 22-20, while JWU won the battle in the face-off circle, 29-28.
- Suffolk and Johnson & Wales met for the second time.
- The Rams remain undefeated all-time versus the Wildcats, moving to 2-0-0.
- Johnston has scored a goal in each of the last three games to extend her point streak to three.
- Adams has stretched her point streak to four games. Over that span, the senior has recorded 12 points on six goals and six assists.
- Cote, Dockus and Tietz are each on a two-game point streak. Dockus has put together five points over the last pair of games with two goals and three assists. Cote has racked up three points (2g, 1a) over the last two games, while Tietz has handed out two assists in the last two outings.
- With her first collegiate goal, Duff extended her point streak to four games.
Suffolk remains on the road tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 17 when it visits UMass Boston. Puck drop at the Edward T. Barry Rink is scheduled for 2 p.m.