BIDDEFORD, Maine – Sierra Donahue's first career goal on a power play with 2:44 remaining in regulation led Suffolk women's hockey past the University of New England 2-1, Saturday afternoon at the Harold Alfond Forum.
SCORE: Suffolk 2 | University of New England 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (10-5-1) | University of New England (12-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
UNE jumped in front early on Meagan Accardi's second goal of the season as she converted on a one-timer from Shannon Upton 2:30 into the opening period. Payton Dockus went coast-to-coast to tie the game at one on a power play later in the first.
After a scoreless second, Jesse Kennedy found Donahue in front of the net just 10 seconds into the late man-up opportunity to give the Rams the victory with just over two minutes left on the clock. Tess Adams also assist on the game-winner.
- For the second straight day, Kristen Caporusso made 32 saves.
- Julia Benjamin had 20 stops for the Nor'Easters.
- Dockus and Donahue were responsible for the Rams' markers.
- Kennedy and Adams picked up one assist each.
- UNE outshot Suffolk, 33-22.
- Each team won 26 face-offs.
- Suffolk remains unbeaten all-time versus UNE, moving to 2-0 versus the Nor'Easters.
- Donahue netted her first collegiate goal.
Suffolk wraps up its non-conference calendar Tuesday, Jan. 14 when it travels to Becker for a 7:05 p.m. clash.