EAST BOSTON – The Suffolk women's soccer team overcame a one-goal, halftime deficit, but could not hold off a late rally from Saint Joseph's Hannah Butler as the Monks overcame the Rams, 3-1, in GNAC play at James A. Sartori Stadium at East Boston Memorial Park Wednesday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 1, Saint Joseph's 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (4-7-0, 2-4-0 GNAC) | Saint Joseph's (Maine) (7-5-1, 3-2-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Saint Joseph's struck first in the 33rd minute to take a 1-0 lead into the locker room. Alexandra Nagri leveled the playing field just seven minutes into the second stanza, but two goals from Butler within the last 10 minutes sealed the conference win for the Monks.
- On a two-on-one, Colleen Sheehan passed in front of Julia Fieldsend to Haley DaGraca, who snuck in the rock to open the score at 32:45.
- Nagri put away her team-leading eighth goal of the year on a breakaway to knot the score at 1-1. Jennifer Martin set up the score with a lead off pass.
- Butler picked up the pieces of a loose ball in front of the Rams' net to put the visitors out in front, 2-1, in the 82nd minute.
- With less than two minutes remaining, Butler struck again from 20-yards out for the final 3-1 score.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Fieldsend earned her second start between the pipes for the blue and gold and made seven saves.
- Brooke Troup turned away seven stops in the victory, moving to 8-4 on the season.
Suffolk treks to Northfield, Vermont, Saturday, Oct. 8 for a GNAC contest at Norwich. Game time is set to begin at 3:30 p.m.