CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – Senior Jessica Harmon's seven-point night, including a hat trick, paced Suffolk women's soccer's offense in a 6-1 victory at Pine Manor Monday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 6, Pine Manor 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (6-6) | Pine Manor (3-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk scored a trio of goals in each half with the Rams leading 3-0 after the first 45 minutes to lock up the 6-1 non-conference victory.
- Megan O'Regan got the scoring going with the senior being set up by classmate Harmon. Harmon lofted a corner kick from the left side and O'Regan headed the rock into the netting just 9:20 minutes into the action. The tally, which gave Suffolk a 1-0 edge, was the first of the season for O'Regan.
- Harmon put her own goal away 1:56 later with an unassisted strike. She picked up a loose ball from 30 yards out and connected for her first goal of the year.
- Fellow senior Alexandra Nagri got on the scoresheet with an unassisted mark of her own. The co-captain picked up the ball on the left side and beat the defender. Nagri's ninth goal of the year, which came in the 23rd minute, gave the Rams a 3-0 lead that they would take into the locker room.
- Out of the break, Nagri connected again with another unassisted strike. This time, she picked up a loose ball outside the box for her 10th goal of the year.
- Harmon sandwiched her final two goals around a Gators goal. Harmons' second strike of the day was an unassisted put back in the 59th minute with her final goal coming with just 1:23 remaining in regulation.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Julia Fieldsend turned aside two attempts to improve to 5-4 on the season.
- Chiara Celis and Feven Bedard-Khalid each took the turf for Pine Manor. Stater Celis suffered the setback with a four-goal effort, while Bedard-Khalid made six saves in relief effort.
- Suffolk held advantages in every statistically category: shots (33-3), shots on goal (16-3) and corner kicks (6-2).
- Suffolk remains unbeaten all-time versus Pine Manor, improving to 7-0 versus the Gators.
- The Rams have outscored the Gators 36-2 throughout the series.
- Harmon is the third Ram to produce a hat trick this season following in Jennifer Martin's and Nagri's footsteps.
- The three-goal performance marks a first for Harmon, who also registered a career-high seven points.
- O'Regan's goal marked the first of her collegiate career.
- Nagri extended her point streak to six straight games. The stretch features 19 points on nine goals and one assist. The streak matches the senior's best which she set Oct. 6-17 last season.
Suffolk makes the short trip to Emmanuel Wednesday, Oct. 18 for a midweek conference match with the Saints. Game time is set for 7 p.m.