NORTHFIELD, Vt. – The Suffolk women's soccer team ended its 2018 GNAC slate with an exclamation point as the Rams stormed past Norwich, 2-0, Saturday afternoon at Sabine Field.
SCORE: Suffolk 2, Norwich 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (3-10-1, 3-8-1 GNAC) | Norwich (6-9-1, 3-8-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Allison Rodrigues kept the Cadets off the scoreboard over the first 45 minutes, stopping all three shots she faced, to secure the 2-0 lead at the intermission for the blue-and-gold.
Hunt's and O'Brien's first frame goals proved to be enough as neither team found the back of the netting over the second stanza and the 2-0 score stood in Suffolk's favor.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Rodrigues turned aside all five shots she faced to secure the shutout.
- Kim Watt recorded 11 saves in the setback.
- O'Brien led Suffolk's point earners with three. Hunt pitched in two thanks to a score and Lanza rounded out the bunch with one point on one handout.
- Suffolk commanded the shots with a 21-6 advantage including an 11-5 edge in shots on goal.
- The Rams took all seven conference of the conference contest.
- The Rams rattled off their ninth straight win over the Cadets to improve to 9-3 all-time versus Norwich.
- Suffolk shutout Norwich for the fifth time in the all-time series and first since 2014.
- Rodrigues picked up her third shutout of her collegiate career.
Suffolk's 2018 season comes to a close Tuesday, Oct. 23 when the Rams venture to Mass. Maritime for a 7 p.m. tilt.