THURSDAY, SEPT. 13 // 3:00 PM
SERIES RECORD // SUFFOLK TRAILS, 1-8 (SINCE 2009)
FRIDAY, SEPT. 14 // 4:00 PM
SERIES RECORD // SUFFOLK LEADS, 21-4 (SINCE 1993)
SATURDAY, SEPT. 15 // 10:00 AM
SERIES RECORD // TIED, 6-6
BOSTON – The Suffolk women's tennis team is in store for a hectic weekend as the Rams are scheduled for three matches over three days beginning on Thursday, Sept. 13 when the Rams visit Bridgewater State. From there, Suffolk entertains Albertus Magnus the following day, Friday, Sept. 14 at 4 p.m. and wraps up the action at Emerson Saturday, Sept. 15 at 10 a.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk women's tennis team came out on the wrong side of a 9-0 decision as the Rams were swept by Colby Sawyer, 9-0, in their GNAC opener Saturday afternoon at Kelsey Court.
MORE READING: Colby Sawyer Sweeps Women's Tennis in GNAC Opener
Suffolk slipped to 1-2 on the season after sandwiching two setbacks around an 8-1 victory over Wentworth in its opening week of 2018.
Rookie Ilda Ascic has made her name known over her first three collegiate matches. The freshman boasts the best singles record at 2-1 exclusively in the second spot. She has also teamed up with senior Delaney Dunlap to become the most successful doubles pair with the duo holding a 2-1 mark on court one.
Bridgewater State sits 0-2 on the year after being swept by Endicott and Johnson & Wales.
Emma Mills has played exclusively as the Bears ace in singles play and has teamed up with Olivia Sweeney for the teams' top tandem.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Since 2009, Suffolk trails the all-time series with Bridgewater State, 1-8.
- The Rams lone win over the Bears came in a 5-4 thriller in 5-4.
- Suffolk looks to snap a two-match skid versus Bridgewater.
Albertus Magnus has split its two matches thus far with a 9-0 sweep of Sarah Lawrence and a 7-2 setback to Pratt. The Falcons will open their GNAC schedule versus Suffolk Friday night at North Reading High School, the conference clash marks the first road tilt for Albertus in 2018.
Jessica Coughlin is one of three Falcons to bring an unbeaten singles record and has achieved the feat on court one. Nhi Trinh (2-0) is also undefeated with wins in positions four and five, while Izzy Sabino boasts a 1-0 ledge at No. 2.
In doubles, Albertus Magnus has used five different combinations of teams with three partnerships grabbing one win. Lakhena Roth and Sabino and Cassie Couture and Trinh bring in a 1-0 marks.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk leads the all-time series versus Albertus Magnus, which began in 1993, 21-4.
- The Rams have won the last 16 meetings with the Falcons, dating back to Sept. 29, 2001.
- Fifteen matches have been decided by a cleansheet with the blue-and-gold owning a 14-1 record in such situations.
Emerson will open its 2018 campaign Saturday when it entertains Suffolk.
A year ago, the Lions went 6-13 overall.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk and Emerson took last season off from its usual yearly meeting, which dates through 2007.
- Since 2007, the series is locked at 6-6 with the Lions taking down the Rams in the last meeting, 6-3, Sept. 18, 2016.
- Suffolk's last win over Emerson came in a 7-2 decision Oct. 16, 2015.
- The Rams own two sweeps over the Lions with the last happening in 2014.
- Suffolk has never been swept by Emerson.
Suffolk takes three days' rest before welcoming Regis to North Reading High School for a midweek match Wednesday, Sept. 19.