PAXTON, Mass. – The Suffolk women's volleyball team dropped its second straight GNAC contest in straight sets as the Rams fell at Anna Maria, 3-0, at the Full Center Wednesday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Anna Maria 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (9-11, 2-5 GNAC) | Anna Maria (15-10, 4-3 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Anna Maria's tandem of Amria King and Rebecca Foti teamed up for 32 of the AMCATS'43 kills en route to down the Rams by set scores of 25-21, 25-16 and 25-18.
Talia Lombardo led the charge for the Rams with nine kills and a match-high 12 digs. Chidera Nwankwo and Kaleigh Khanna pitched in five kills apiece with Liz Kerek setting up Suffolk's 24-kill offense. The Rams made their biggest impact at the net, where they totaled five teams blocks. Jane Buckley paced the pack with four blocks to her credit.
SET ONE RECAP (25-21, ANNA MARIA)
- Suffolk jumped ahead early, 8-6.
- Anna Maria battled back and took the lead on a Alyssa Goulet ace.
- Behind Goulet's serving, the AMCATS strung together three more points to go ahead, 14-10, and force a Rams' timeout.
- Out of the break Suffolk went on a 3-1 spurt to pull within two, 15-13.
- The AMCATS held their distance for the remainder of the frame to take the set, 25-21.
SET TWO RECAP (25-16, ANNA MARIA)
- Anna Maria used a 17-kill performance with a .455 hitting clip to dominate the second set, leading the entire way to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
SET THREE RECAP (25-18, ANNA MARIA)
- Neither team took more than a two-point lead until the AMCATS pushed it to three at 15-12.
- Down the stretch the Rams were held to just six points as Anna Maria rolled to the 25-18 stanza victory and sealed the sweep.
Suffolk hosts Colby Sawyer inside Regan Gymnasium Friday, Oct. 21, before heading to Norwich the following day for a GNAC tri-match with Lasell and the Cadets.