SEPTEMBER 19 | 7 PM
BOSTON – The Suffolk volleyball team rides its three-match win streak into Tuesday, Sept. 19 when the Rams welcome Pine Manor to Regan Gymnasium for a 7 p.m. first serve.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk volleyball team wrapped up its first tri-match of the season with a 3-1 victory over Salem State Saturday afternoon inside Regan Gymnasium. The Rams extended their win streak to three with set scores of 25-20, 25-27, 25-23 and 25-17.
MORE READING: Volleyball Shoots Past Salem State, 3-1
Suffolk wrapped up its season-opening road swing with a 3-2 Eastern Nazarene and followed that with 3-1 wins over Newbury and Salem State in the Rams' first tri-match and home action of the year to carry a 5-3 record into Tuesday's tilt.
Hannah Fabiano is just shy of 3.00 kps as the freshman middle hitter boasts a 2.95 kps average on a .433 connection rate. Fabiano is also a key ingredient to Suffolk's defense as she records 2.73 dps and 0.50 bps.
Talia Lombardo is a consistent contributor on both sides of the net as the junior adds 1.85 kps to go along with 2.81 assists per set and 1.27 aces per set to the offense and produces 1.88 dps.
GET TO KNOW THE GATORS
Pine Manor split a tri-match at Eastern Nazarene Saturday, defeating Mitchell in straight sets and falling to the hosts Lions, 3-1, to slip to 3-4 on the season.
Sophomore Kendra Williams and Viyanni Johnson each produce over 2.00 kps with Williams' 2.25 kps leading the way. Ashley Whiteshield sets up Pine Manor's offense with 4.00 aps. Alexa Leon holds down the Gators defensive effort with 5.96 dps, while Altimisa Cardoso is the threat at the net with 0.38 bps.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk leads the all-time series with Pine Manor, 10-2, since 2003.
- The Rams have won the last seven meetings with the Gators dating back to 2008.
- Under Bonny Ducharme as head coach, Suffolk is undefeated against Pine Manor, 3-0.
- When playing in four-set matches versus the Gators, Suffolk is unbeaten, 5-0. The last four meetings between the two teams have been decided in four sets.
- The Rams and Gators have split the pair of matches that went the distance.
- In straight set matches, Suffolk owns a 4-1 record against Pine Manor.
- Talia Lombardo served 14 aces, nine in the second set, versus Newbury, which ties the program and GNAC record for the most aces in a four-set match, which was set by the Rams' Kesley Armstrong Sept. 13, 2008 and Emmanuel's Erin Mosely (2005).
- Overall, Lombardo's 14 service aces sits 10th all-time in NCAA Division III history in a four-set contest.
- Lombardo is the first player in NCAA DIII to produce 14 aces or higher in a four-match outing since Emerson's Juliana Tucker racked up 17 aces Oct. 5, 2013.
Suffolk heads back out on the road Thursday, Sept. 21 when it visits Gordon. The non-conference match is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.