SEPTEMBER 30 | 1 PM
SEPTEMBER 30 | 3 PM
BOSTON – The Suffolk volleyball team hits the road Saturday, Sept. 30 as the Rams are set for a GNAC tri-match at Albertus Magnus. Suffolk will first take the court at 1 p.m. versus Anna Maria before taking on the hosts Falcons at 3 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
For the first time in program history, Suffolk volleyball defeated Emamnuel, taking down the Saints in straight sets inside Regan Gymnasium Wednesday night. The historic win came by set scores, 25-14, 25-22 and 25-18.
Thanks to its historic sweep of Emmanuel, Suffolk leveled its record to 6-6 overall and recorded its first conference win to move to 1-2 against league foes.
Suffolk's 9.45 kps are led by Hannah Fabiano's 2.45 kps on a .290 attack percentage. Talia Lombardo (1.86 kps), Chidera Nwankwo (1.45 kps), Kayla Barbera (1.44 kps) and Bridget Allison (1.34 kps) are all consistent contributors to the Rams offense, which is set up by senior setter Liz Kerek (4.95 aps).
Dakhensey Marcellus and Fabiano are the major threats defensively for the blue and gold. The former paces the pack with 2.55 dps with the latter adding 2.33 dps and 0.41 bps.
After winning the first three matches of the season, Anna Maria has been stumped through its last nine to bring a 3-9 overall and 0-3 in league play. The AMCATS will play in the first match of the day Saturday when it takes on Albertus Magnus prior to facing the Rams.
Rebecca Fotis' 3.68 kps anchors Anna Maria's attack with Sarah Lathrop and Hannah Mitchell registering 1.90 kps and 1.26 kps, respectively. Tierney Clancy (6.43 aps) and Kerri Earle (3.47 aps) have split time with the AMCATS setting responsibilities.
Defensively, Carolina Garcia leads the way with an impressive 4.51 dps. Earle adds 2.33 dps to the effort with Foti chipping in 2.24 dps.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- The Suffolk, Anna Maria series, which started in 2011, is even at 3-3.
- All six meetings have been decided in straight sets.
- The AMCATS have won the last three meetings.
- Suffolk looks for its first win versus Anna Maria in the Bonny Ducharme era.
Albertus Magnus improved to 10-6 on the season thanks to a 3-1 win at Purchase State Tuesday night. The Falcons, who open Saturday's showdown versus the AMCATS, are 0-2 against conference counterparts, after being swept by Regis and Simmons.
Genesis Cora Luquis is a leader on both sides of the net for the Falcons with the freshman recording 2.66 kps and 3.41 dps. Delaney Ruiz adds 1.96 kps to the offense with Jesselle Guzman's 4.89 dps good for top on the squad.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk holds a coming 17-1 lead in the all-time series with Albertus Magnus that dates back to 2000.
- The Rams are on a five-match win streak over the Falcons.
- 12 of the 17 contests have been decided in straight sets with Suffolk owning all 12 victories.
- Five matches went to four sets with the Rams holding a 4-1 mark in such outings.
- A match in the series has never gone to five sets.
- Under Bonny Ducharme, the Rams are undefeated versus the Falcons, 2-0.
Suffolk remains on the road as it travels to Lasell for a midweek match Wednesday, Oct. 4. First serve is set for 7 p.m.