CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Suffolk volleyball team wrapped up action in the MIT Invitational Saturday afternoon with a straight set loss to Colby at MIT's Center Court. The Rams fell by set scores 25-19, 25-21 and 25-17.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Colby 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (0-3) | Colby (2-2)
SET ONE RECAP (25-19, COLBY)
- Suffolk grabbed a 3-0 edge before Colby responded with seven straight points to flip the switch in its favor, 7-3.
- The Rams played comeback, but the Mules kept them at a safe distance, maintaining a 13-6 lead at the midway point.
- Trailing by nine, 21-12, Suffolk made a late comeback thanks to a 5-1 stretch, that put the blue-and-gold within four, 23-17.
- Suffolk was unable to complete the comeback after coupling two later points together with the Colby locking up the set on a kill from Elizabeth Middlebrook.
SET TWO RECAP (25-21, COLBY)
- The Rams' early 5-2 edge turned into a 14-10 cushion.
- Six straight points from Colby made things interesting and put Suffolk in a 2-point hole, 16-14.
- The Rams did not rally down the stretch as the Mules maintained the advantage and take the stanza, 25-21.
SET THREE RECAP (25-17, COLBY)
- Scoring went back-and-forth the majority of the open portion before an 8-0 run by Colby put the Rams in a 14-5 hole.
- A late 4-0 rally by the Rams would not be enough as the Mules put away the set and match on an Elise Crutchlow kill.
- Kayla Barbera led a well-balanced attack for Suffolk with six kills to go with three digs.
- Bridet Allison and Hannah Faibano provided four kills each.
- Talia Lombardo dished out 16 assists and Dakhensey Marecellus tallied 11 digs.
Suffolk will be in front of its home crowd for the first time in 2018 Tuesday, Sept. 11 when the Rams welcome Pine Manor to Regan Gymnasium for a 7 p.m. non-conference clash.