FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – The Suffolk volleyball team dropped an out-of-league outing in straight sets to Framingham State at the Athletic Center Thursday night. The defeat came by set scores 25-21, 25-12 and 25-15.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Framingham State 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (3-11) | Framingham State (12-7)
SET ONE RECAP (25-21, FRAMINGHAM STATE)
- Suffolk opened things up early and grabbed a 5-1 edge.
- FSU fought back, slowly chipping away at the Boston Rams' lead and leveled the playing field at 8-all.
- The score would even five more times before Framingham went ahead for good at 17-16.
- The visiting Rams stayed within reach of FSU, but never caught up as the hosts outscored Suffolk 8-5 to take the frame, 25-21.
SET TWO RECAP (25-12, FRAMINGHAM STATE)
- A back-and-forth affair was present at the midway point with Suffolk ahead 9-7.
- FSU strung together five consecutive points to flip the switch in its favor, 12-9.
- The host Rams limited Suffolk to just three points the remainder of the way as it closed out the stanza on a 9-0 stretch for the 25-12 margin.
SET THREE RECAP (25-15, FRAMINGHAM STATE)
- With Suffolk up 4-2, Framingham turned up the volume and scored 11 straight to put the blue-and-gold in a 13-4 hole.
- Suffolk had to play catchup, but only got as close as seven, as FSU kept the visitors at bay to clinch the sweep.
- Bridget Allison and Kayla Barbera each recorded five kills to lead Suffolk's 20-kill attack. Barbera added 13 digs to the defensive effort, while Allison led the way at the net with three blocks as well.
- Sarah Mullahy and Chidera Nwankwo added four kills apiece.
- Dakhensey Marcellus notched 13 digs with Emma Feeney tallying six.
- Meg Kerek handled setting responsibilities with 11 assists to go along with four digs.
Suffolk returns to Beantown where it will visit Emmanuel Saturday, Oct. 6 for a tri-match. The Rams open the day at 10 a.m. against the hosts Saints before facing the University of New England at 12 p.m.