MARLBOROUGH, Mass. – Jackson Tucker made the most out of the Rams debut with a hat trick and Kevin Venturoso stood tall in between the pipes as the Suffolk men's hockey team returned to the win column Saturday night with a 3-0 shutout over Becker at the New England Sports Complex.
SCORE: Suffolk 3, Becker 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (4-8-4, 2-6-2 CCC) | Becker (5-12, 4-6 CCC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
After a scoreless first period Suffolk got on the board just eight seconds into the second stanza off a shot by Tucker set up by Nick Mosher. Tucker struck again off a power play at 12:10 into the second, assisted by Mosher again with the help of Sean Henry. Mosher and Sean Henry would once again be the helping hands to Tucker in the third with 6:59 remaining in the contest.
- Tucker finished the night with a hatrick account for all of the Rams tallies.
- Mosher assisted in each of Suffolk's goal to record three points, while Sean Henry had two handouts.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Venturoso had 28 stops in net for the Rams to improve to 2-4-0 on the season.
- Tyler Stepke turned aside 38 Suffolk attempts in the setback for the Hawks.
- Suffolk blanked its opponent for the first time this season and first time since a 1-0 triumph over Becker Feb. 13, 2016.
- The cleansheet is the first of Venturoso's career.
- Tucker is the first Ram to put away three goals in one game since Stanton Turner potted three versus the Hawks in a 7-2 win over Becker Nov. 11, 2014.
Suffolk's home crowd will get its first treat of the Rams in 2017 when the blue-and-gold returns to Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Rink Thursday, Jan. 26 for a 7 p.m. tilt versus Salve Regina.