EAST BOSTON – The Suffolk softball team used a 13-run fourth inning to break open a 1-all tie and take down Anna Maria, 14-2, in the closer to stretch its win streak to nine Saturday afternoon at East Boston Memorial Park.
SCORE: Suffolk 14, Anna Maria 2
RECORDS: Suffolk (23-14, 15-6 GNAC) | Anna Maria (4-25, 2-18 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The teams traded a run apiece in the second stanza, and zeros were put on the scoreboard in the third before the marathon fourth, which featured 13 Suffolk scores to give the blue-and-gold a 14-1 cushion.
The Rams kept the AMCATS quiet in the top of the fifth to seal the victory.
- Lindsay Pagano had a day at the plate, going a perfect 2-for-2 with one double for three RBI and one run.
- Delaney Sylvester's four at bats were featured three hits for two runs and one RBI.
- Devlin Frost (1-2) and Evelyn Marquis (1-3) each collected two RBI and scored one run apiece.
- Karina Miranda and Dylan Parsons, who knocked one hit, each scored twice.
- Taylor Holmes picked up the victory thanks to a two-run, four-hit, four-walk, four-strikeout, 5.0-frame effort inside the circle.
- Three different AMCAT arms took the circle for Anna Maria. Kathryn Rendock suffered the setback as the starter gave up eight runs on five hits through 3.0 innings.
- Suffolk grabbed its ninth straight win matching its longest win streak since April 23-May 4, 2016.
- The Rams won their 12th straight versus the AMCATS, improving to 12-0 all-time versus Anna Maria.
The Rams wrap up the regular season tomorrow, Sunday, April 30 with the conclusion of a postponed game at St. Joseph (Conn.) Game time is set for 12 p.m. with the game beginning in the top of the fourth with the Rams leading 7-4.