OCTOBER 7 | 10 AM
OCTOBER 7 | 2 PM
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk volleyball team saw its three-match GNAC win streak come to a screeching halt Wednesday night as the Lasell Lasers swept the Rams inside Regan Gymnasium. The straight set league victory came by set scores, 27-25, 25-23 and 25-18.
MORE READING: Lasers Snap Volleyball's Win Streak in Sweep
Suffolk heads into the weekend 8-7 overall and 3-3 versus conference competition.
Hannah Fabiano Is a contributor on both sides of the net as the freshman leads the offense with 2.64 kps to go along with 2.28 dps and 0.40 bps. Talia Lombardo is also an all-around player, recording 1.81 kps, 1.85 assists per set, 0.96 aces per set and 2.33 dps. Liz Kerek has set up the Rams' offense this season with the senior serving as a primary setter dishing out 5.69 assists per set.
Mount Ida takes a three-match win streak into Saturday's action. The Mustangs improved to 13-7 overall and 2-2 versus league play thanks to a 3-1 win at Regis Wednesday night.
The Mustangs offense is paced by Mary Kate Reidy (2.86 kps) and Rachael Colombo (2.53 kps). Alexis Bell is Mt. Ida's primary setter, dishing out 8.18 assist per set.
Defensively, Bell (3.03 dps) and Reidy (3.00 dps) pace the pack.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Since 2007, Suffolk is 4-6 versus Mount Ida.
- The Rams won the last two meetings by identical 3-1 margins.
- Six matches were decided in straight sets. Suffolk owns one cleansheet over the Mustangs.
- Suffolk and Mt. Ida never needed five sets to decide a winner.
- The Rams are undefeated versus the Mustangs in the Bonny Ducharme era.
FRAMINGHAM STATE RAMS
Framingham State has dropped back-to-back straight set matches to dip to 6-12 overall.
Kelly Brinkman's 2.38 kps leads the way with Brandey Rodriguez and Grace Caughey pitching in 1.65 kps and 1.22 kps, respectively. Mackenzie Whalen holds down setting duties with 6.67 aps.
Victoria Anderson's 4.24 dps anchors the Rams' defensive effort with Whalen (2.56 dps) and Abbie Badgett (0.49 bps).
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Since winning the first meeting in 2003, Suffolk has yet to take down the FSU Rams, dropping the last 11 meetings to trail the all-time series, 1-11.
- Eight meetings were decided in straight sets with the Rams only win coming in a cleansheet.
- Three matches went to four sets with Framingham owning all three victories.
- The blue-and-gold Rams fell in the last meeting, 3-0, in 2015.
- Suffolk and Framingham never went into five sets.
SETTING IT UP
Liz Kerek became just the third-ever Ram to eclipse the 1,000 assist mark. The senior dished out 27 assists Wednesday night versus Lasell to bring her career total to 1,027 handouts, putting the setter third overall in Suffolk's annals.
Suffolk closes its four-match homestand Tuesday, Oct. 10 when it steps out of conference action to tangle battle Becker. First serve is set for 7 p.m.