OCTOBER 10 | 7 PM
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
For the first time since 2003, Suffolk volleyball took down Framingham State as the blue-and-gold Rams defeated the visitors 3-1 inside Regan Gymnasium Saturday afternoon. Suffolk secured the win by set scores 25-20, 18-25, 25-19 and 25-19.
MORE READING: Women's Volleyball Bests Framingham State, 3-1
With 11 matches still remaining for Suffolk, the 10-7 Rams have produced double digit wins for the second straight season and ninth overall dating back to 2003.
Suffolk's 9.72 kps offense is led by Hannah Fabiano as the freshman produces 2.78 kps on a .256 attack percentage. The middle hitter contributes on both sides of the net for the Rams, chipping in 2.31 dps and 0.42 bps.
Talia Lombardo is also an all-around performer. The junior outside hitter adds 1.86 kps, 1.63 assists per set and 0.87 aces per set to the offense, while pitching in 2.27 dps to the defensive side of play.
Liz Kerek has set up Suffolk's offense with the senior setting dishing out 6.14 assists per set to go along with 1.68 dps.
FLYING WITH THE HAWKS
Becker swept a tri-match at Newbury, defeating both the hosts Nighthawks and Pine Manor in straight sets to head to Beacon Hill 10-11 on the season.
Kayla Dupree's 2.32 kps is the main ingredient to the Hawks' attack with Gillian Criddle (1.72 kps) and Micaela Rice (1.44 kps) adding to the effort. Charlene Landry handles Becker's setting duties, dishing out 6.20 aps. The senior setter is also a crucial threat at the service line, recording 0.89 aces per set.
Defensively, Courtney Cotnoi's 4.84 dps lead the Hawks with Sofia Cullina and Criddle contributing 4.84 dps and 0.42 bps, respectively.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- The Suffolk, Becker series dates back to 2008 with the Rams holding an unbeaten 6-0 ledger versus the Hawks.
- Suffolk has swept Becker three times with the last straight set win versus Becker coming in 2010.
- The Rams recorded a five-set thrilling win, the only meeting between Suffolk and the Hawks that went the distance, at Becker in the team's last meeting Sept. 27, 2016.
- Two matches were decided in four sets (2011, 2015).
- Seven of Suffolk's 14 matches have been determined in straight sets.
- The Rams are 3-4 this season when playing in three-set matches.
WHEN IT COMES TO FIVE
- Suffolk has played four five-set thrillers this season it the Rams owning a 3-1 record in such outings.
- Overall under Bonny Ducharme, the blue-and-gold is 5-1 when going the distance.
SETTING IT UP
Liz Kerek became just the third-ever Ram to eclipse the 1,000 assist mark. The senior dished out 27 assists Oct. 7 versus Lasell to bring her career total to 1,027 handouts. Currently, the setter from Holbrook, Massachusetts, is in third place on Suffolk's career annuals with 1,100 career dimes, sitting behind Katie Hemlin (1,134) and Julia Sulliva (1,821).
Suffolk hits the road Thursday, Oct. 12 for a tilt an out-of-league tilt at Wentworth. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.