OCTOBER 12 | 7 PM
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk volleyball team kept its winning ways going Tuesday night as it capped off its four-match homestand with a 3-1 victory over Becker inside Regan Gymnasium. The win, which was the Rams' third straight, came by set scores of 19-25, 25-8, 25-20 and 25-18.
MORE READING: Volleyball Closes Homestand with 3-1 Win Over Becker
Suffolk, who is on its third three-match win streak of the season, takes an 11-7 record in Thursday's out of league contests.
The Rams' 10.00 kps attack is led by Hannah Fabiano's 2.86 kps with the freshman also contributing on the defensive side of things with 2.51 dps and 0.41 bps. Talia Lombardo, also an all-around player for Suffolk, adds 1.93 kps, 1.58 assists per set and 0.88 aces per set to the offense and 2.27 dps to the defensive effort. Liz Kerek served as Suffolk's primary setter, dishing out 6.42 assist per set.
Wentworth rides a seven-match win streak into Thursday's tilt. The stretch, which put the Leopards at 20-2 on the season, features four sweeps. Overall, Wentworth has shutout 12 of its 22 opponents this season.
Wentworth's potent offense of 11.43 kps receives 3.47 kps from Leah Rogoz and 2.62 kps from Claire Quick. A trio of Leopards have taken on the setter role with Katie Clouse (4.97 aps), Kayla Chen (4.92 kps) and Maddy Tomastik (4.42 kps) all dishing out over 4.00 aps this season. At the service line, Lille Clark is the biggest threat with the junior libero serving 0.56 aces per set.
Quick and Rogoz lead the defensive as well with the former notching 3.59 dps and the latter producing 3.36 dps to go along with 0.45 bps.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Dating back to 2002, Suffolk is 2-9 versus Wentworth.
- The Rams look for their first win in the Bonny Ducharme era over the Leopards and first victory in the series since a 3-1 decision in 2005.
- The Leopards have taken the last seven meetings versus Suffolk.
- Suffolk's pair of wins came in 2005 (3-1) and 2003 (3-0).
- Seven matches were decided in straight sets with one of Suffolk's wins ending in a clean sheet.
- Four contests went four sets with the Rams holding a 1-3 mark in such outings.
- A match has never gone five sets between Suffolk and Wentworth.
- Seven of Suffolk's 14 matches have been determined in straight sets.
- The Rams are 3-4 this season when playing in three-set matches.
WHEN IT COMES TO FIVE
- Suffolk has played four five-set thrillers this season it the Rams owning a 3-1 record in such outings.
- Overall under Bonny Ducharme, the blue-and-gold is 5-1 when going the distance.
SETTING IT UP
After recording her 1,000 assist Oct. 7 versus Lasell, senior Liz Kerek has slid into second place all-time in Suffolk history with 1,143 career handouts, displacing Katie Hemlin's 1,134 mark set in 2005. Kerek is currently 678 assists shy of the all-time record, which Julia Sullivan holds.
Suffolk hosts its final tri-match of the season Saturday, Oct. 14 with Norwich and Mount Ida visiting Regan Gymnasium. The Rams open the action at 11 a.m. versus the Cadets and close the day against the Colonels at 3 p.m.