BOSTON – Suffolk volleyball suffered a straight set setback at Wentworth, falling to the Leopards by set scores 25-10, 25-12 and 25-10, at Tansey Gymnasium Thursday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 0, Wentworth 3
RECORDS: Suffolk (11-8) | Wentworth (21-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Leopards limited the Rams offense, not letting the visitors score more than 12 points in any of the three frames to run away with the non-conference victory.
SET ONE RECAP (25-10, WENTWORTH)
- Suffolk hung with Wentworth in the opening portion of the stanza.
- The Leopards turned an 8-5 edge into a 14-6 cushion.
- Seven unanswered points pushed Wentworth's lead into 21-7.
- The team's traded points down the stretch before taking the frame 25-10.
SET TWO RECAP (25-12, WENTWORTH)
- A block by Bridget Allsion gave the Rams a 7-6 edge.
- Wentworth rattled off seven consecutive points to turn the tides and gain a 13-7 advantage.
- A Suffolk timeout did not stop the Leopards as they put together an additional five points to go up by 11, 18-7.
- The distance was too great for the Rams as Wentworth cruised to the 25-12 set win
SET THREE RECAP (25-10, WENTWORTH)
- Wentworth's 4-0 advantage blossomed into a 12-3 lead.
- The Rams only run came with set point in favor the Leopards, 24-6, when the blue-and-gold strung four points together to trim the margin to 24-10.
- Suffolk did not get any closer as a block by Makenna Salsbury sealed the set, 25-10, and match.
- Hannah Fabiano recorded four kills to lead Suffolk's attack.
- Dakhensey Marcellus' nine digs anchored the Rams defensive effort with Fabiano adding seven.
- Talia Lombardo contributed eight assists, four digs and three kills.
Suffolk entertains Norwich and Curry in a tri-match at Regan Gymnasium Saturday, Oct. 14. The Rams take on the Cadets to open the action at 11 a.m. and close the day against the Colonels at 3 p.m.