SATURDAY, SEPT. 15 // 1:00 PM
SATURDAY, SEPT. 15 // 3:00 PM
BOSTON – The Suffolk women's volleyball team turns its attention to GNAC action as the Rams are set for their first conference competition of 2018 Saturday, Sept. 15 when they visit Lasell for a tri-match also featuring Albertus Magnus. Suffolk gets action going at 1 p.m. versus the Falcons before taking on the Lasers at 3 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and notes on Suffolk Athletics by connecting with the Rams on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #RamNation for an insider's look at Suffolk's teams and student-athletes.
LAST TIME OUT
The Suffolk volleyball team came out on the wrong side of a straight set non-conference match against Eastern Nazarene Thursday night at the Lions' Lahue Physical Education Center. The Rams setback came by set scores 25-17, 25-16 and 25-20.
MORE READING: Eastern Nazarene Takes Down Volleyball in Straight Sets
All five of Suffolk's (1-4) matches this season have been decided in straight sets with the Rams winning just one, its home opener over Pine Manor Sept. 11.
Hannah Fabiano and Kayla Barbera provide the offensive one-two punch for Suffolk. The former leads the team with 2.44 kps while the latter provides 2.07 kps to go along with a team-best effort at the service line of 0.71 aces per set. Talia Lombardo has handled setting responsibilities with 5.67 assists per set.
- Since 2003, Suffolk is 5-10 in its first GNAC contest of the season.
- Suffolk has played in 11 straight set matches in its league debut and owns a 3-8 record in such contests.
- The Rams have needed four sets to decide a winner in its first conference contest of the season since 2003. In those outings, the Rams are 1-2.
- Suffolk has only played in a five-set match in its first league contest of the year and won it over Saint Joseph's (Maine) in 2014.
- The Rams and Falcons will meet for the third time in Suffolk's first GNAC match of the season and first since 2008. The Rams are 2-0 when facing Albertus Magnus in is conference opener.
- Suffolk looks to open its conference campaign with a victory for the first time since 2015.
Albertus is on a three-match win streak as it heads to the Bay State with a 5-2 overall record and a 1-1 league ledger. The Falcons last outing was a five-set thrilling win at Lehman.
Genesis Cora Luquis is the leader on both sides of the net for Albertus with 3.25 kps and 4.00 dps. Vanessa Isyk adds 2.21 kps with Jesselle Guzman pitching in 3.86 dps.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk holds a commanding 18-1 lead in the all-time series with Albertus Magnus dating back to 2000.
- The Rams are on a six-match win streak versus the Falcons.
Through 10 matches this season, some against the best competition in New England, Lasell has yet to find the win column.
The Lasers offense has been propelled by Olivia Addington's 2.88 kps, who chips in 2.82 dps to the defensive effort. Jess Langan owns the role as Lasell's setter with 6.55 assits per set. Allie Jo Amos brings in a team-best 3.15 dps to lead the defense.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Suffolk looks for its first-ever win against Lasell in a series that dates back to 2007.
- The Rams trail the series, 0-11.
- Nine matches have been decided in straight sets with a pair of contests going four.
- Never has an outing between Suffolk and Lasell reached five sets.
Suffolk, who began a four-match road swing, ventures to Salem State Wednesday, Sept. 19 for a 7 p.m. battle.